5.29.2007

"Come, we'll look at swatches"


If you can get that movie quote you will win...something. Something great I promise. I'll give you a very vague, probably misleading hint: "Think Cary Grant.."
Speaking of swatches...I love color! My friend MDK made this for me. He let me go to town so I picked out all the colors I loved most {he had his work cut out to narrow it down to this many!}




















I wanted to share a couple more photos from Edmonds. I forget between trips to the great North West just how much I appreciate the abundance of vegetation there. It is therapy for my dried out desert eyeballs.

My grandparents live on a hill, there house is set back in off the road and they have always had fun squirrels and birds in the yard who have become pretty demanding over the years. If the blue jays don't get their fair fix of peanuts they come to the back door and tap on the glass until they get fed. Then they pick them up one at a time and shake them, weighing them to see which one is best. The squirrels take whatever is there and bury it in the yard soon forgetting where they left it. You can imagine the endless hours of fun I had at their house with all the animals in the yard, and crabs just waiting to be caught at the beach down the road.
My grandpa likes to remind me every year that the trees used to be shorter than me when we planted them. I like to remind him that he used to be taller than me too.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I LOVE Cary Grant... but I am gonna leave the quoting up to Vicki and fam. Second, I have a blog! I finally gave in. Miss you! See you in a few?!

Cara said...

I have no idea about the quote. I would have guessed Father of the Bride, but that has nothing to do with C.G.

Love the Squirrel sign.

KickButtMommy said...

An Affair to remember!

What do I win? What do I win?

Anonymous said...

Love the Squirrel Sign...where do I get one to give to my husband for Father's Day? It is soooo appropriate for him and our property. We also need a sign about Geese and another one about Deer.....any ideas?
Speaking about Cary Grant, I just watched one of his movies three nights ago...."Houseboat" with Sophia Loren so I know that quote is NOT from that show.

KickButtMommy said...

Love Houseboat mom! Great one. I also love Operation Pettycoat and Vertigo. Oh and of course Charade with Audrey Hepburn. I am such a nerd with the old movies.

Anonymous said...

An Affair to Remember?

jmr said...

nope, no one has got it yet, how about another line from the movie...
'I knew it, I knew the very first time I touched her..I was helping her out of a cab...it was magic..I'll just keep breathing, until I don't have to remind myself to breathe anymore..'
I could play this game ALL day long, I do think I have the entire thing memorized.
camel, u should call my phone sometime, I picked my rbt in a fit of nostalgia. welcome to the blogosphere cuz. :)

jmr said...

vickers, I dug around for the squirrel sign, found a bunch on ebay including 'welcome to the nut house' thought that was appropriate for grandma nut :) here ya go: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=squirrel+signs&category0=

KickButtMommy said...

Sleepless in Seattle, but it is ORIGINALLY FROM an Affair to Remember, which is what they are wathcing in Sleepless.

KickButtMommy said...

Okay, so I am totally wrong. It is not from Affair to remember. DUH. But it is from SinS

FRYBABY said...

My favorite Cary Grant movie is Arsenic and Old Lace!! And it goes right along with the squirrel and its nuts. My boys have it memorized and it drives Camel crazy because she thinks our whole household is nuts! Did she ever tell you about the time she came home and we were all sitting at the kitchen table singing some dumb cowboy song?!! She was thankful she did not have any friends with her!

Cara said...

I got it on the second quote hint. Sleepless for sure.

And Arsenic is the only CG movie I've seen - so of course it is my favorite!

jmr said...

yea! Heather wins...your prize? the satisfaction of being the winner. I know, it must be me taking out winning carpet on someone...WAIT! That's it, you win my carpet gift card. Congrats winner!

KickButtMommy said...

YAY! I needed new carpet.

jmr said...

sweet heather, should I pack it up and bring it with me in july?

Anonymous said...

I mean... Sleepless in Seattle. That's what I really meant at first. :-)