8.02.2007

A Happy Ending

We made it to market Wednesday morning and it was well worth the wait.

I found a few more new companies I will add to my file for the day I get going on 'my own thing' whatever shape that may take in the future.

My picture of the market center doesn't quite capture the actual hugeness of the place. And ONLY Buildings A and B are open right now. To the left C is well under way, and every year another building will be added until there are 9 total, soon to be the biggest market center in the most convenient city, VEGAS baby.

Since we weren't actually buying this trip, (just keeping up with the trends and new companies this time) we were done making the rounds in record time.

These two were getting everyone jazzed for the nightly party, Tahitian themed and supposed to be really great catering and such but it was still two hours out so we decided to go to PF Chang's instead then hit the mall.



I brought you boot leg shots I dared myself to take in my two favorite show rooms. I had to be ultra sneaky cuz photography is frowned upon. My preloaded excuse was 'But I have this blog, I NEED pictures...'

My dream retail space looks a lot like these two styles tossed with a really eclectic, consignment type feel (mix in a little Brambled Nest and other tiny shops for flavour and you've got my ideal setting) But the style, (OH THE STYLE!!) these designers exude... I soak it up as much as I possibly can every six months hoping to have even a sliver of the vision they have.

NOW THIS CHIC HAS SERIOUS TALENT!! We saved this vendor for last in Building A because it is my very top favorite. And also my favorite rep, Caren, shows this line. (generally our reps are pushy and obnoxious so having a favorite is rare!)
This particular designer is up for designer of the year and her line is up for merchandiser of the year. Go figure. She's my designer for next week so I won't elaborate any more except to say, WOW!

Vegas with Jana is always a good time. It gives us a chance to catch up and have a good time. I laughed until I cried at least 5 times that I can remember. I won't pretend I wanted to go all along, I almost bailed out. But Tuesday night I started to get excited and I am so glad I went.

It was a challenge sticking with The Diet. We have our regulars so there were a few sad moments as Jana ate the usual and I had my stupid raisins and almonds. No In and Out, no Cheesecake Factory, no Macaroni Grill, no Crispy Creme.... BUT it was a great way to prove to myself this is making a difference already. I have never had an easier time making it thru the long shopping days. I kept up on lots of water and instead of going for the candy handouts in every showroom (used to be my energy boosts) and stuck to the veggies and fruit.

Jana gave me a hard time about my rigid ways on not bending at all but she was exhausted and practically hooked to diet coke with an IV to keep up and I felt like I could go all day long.
4 days in and I haven't even done the big cleanse/detox and I'm starting to see progress. YES!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brambled Nest, Baby! Now that's what I'm talking about. Would love to do Vegas with all five of my daughters and three nieces. Wouldn't that be fun?! The marketing part, not the gambling...just in case you're wondering. Maybe even with my sisters, too. What a gang!

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna that looks amazing. I am sure you were right at home with all that chic fashion! As far as the diet, I am WAY impressed with your sticktoitiveness.

FRYBABY said...

I'm glad you decided to include your sisters!!! We should have been first! Diets are definitely worth it....it is just the 'being committed' to them that is the hardest part! Way to go, J!!!

Kris and Terry said...

Vegas could be a possibility for next years Girls Trip. That's right, I just made it official. It should be a yearly thing that we all get together somewhere. Look what you started Kickbutt!

jmr said...

oops, my mm didn't actually leave that. I've gotta stop with the identity crisis already.