11.11.2007

balance

I love that our family blogs. I love how it has made me feel closer to you all and I love that it has built stronger relationships within our family. I guess I can't speak for you, but it has for me. I've gotten to know you better from the things you've shared and I appreciate your interest in my life. Your comments are the reason I do this. It's all about friendship for me.

When I first started blogging after my divorce I didn't know what I was going to have to share, if anything at all. I didn't think anyone would read it. And then you started commenting and it gave me something to look forward to during the days when I felt like I was in a holding pattern waiting for life to start up again. I looked at my days differently when I searched them for something to write about. It made me think of creative ways of showing you how my life was moving on, time really does heal, that I could learn from my mistakes, and that I could pick myself up and make walking away something I wouldn't be ashamed of, but something that I could be proud of.
It's taken some practice, some bruises, and some pretty lonely nights where I wondered when my real love story would ever begin. But I learned something valuable in the process of rebuilding.
Every day is my story.
Once again I'm reminded that both life and love are what you make of them. And it is times like now, when I can look back at where I've been and see some progress, that make each day count for something.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love you, Jenna! It is so wonderful to see you growing and maturing with every entry you write. You seem to be getting to know yourself better each day. You are going to have an amazing and rewarding life and I am glad you are living it the way you should.

Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

Sushicat, you are a priceless bundle of charity, talent, brains, and beauty. A long, slender bundle, but nevertheless with huge impact. It takes a lot of courage to walk away from a damaging relationship. I'm proud of you, too. You and Frybaby are the strongest women I know and I can see why you would have so much fun together. I'm grateful to be a stealth part of your family...stealth b/c I'm not a blogger, just a blogger peeker.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that you don't mind sharing your feelings with us because it makes all of us step back and think a little too. And learning from our choices helps us have more compassion towards those who are dealing with similar circumstances. You are a great friend to all!

Cara said...

I really like your photos. You really could make your own photo book, they are beautiful!