1.31.2008

snow fun

Found this on my car super early tuesday morning. Thanks Parker for making me smile.

Came home the same night super late and found a bowl of homemade soup with my name written in black marker on the seran wrap.

Thanks Michele, for feeding me and making me feel at home.

I love the little things of life.


another horrible early morning picture. I know my camera isn't up to it, but I love taking pictures in the morning. (sorry RC1 for lack of skill - I blame it on my camera)

Since I'm blaming inanimate objects for my fuzzy photos I'll stick to the blame game and blame a truckload of reading, homework, oral presentations, work coming out of my ears at all hours in between classes etc. etc. etc. for my lack of quality blogging and a lack of continuity of thought. I'm all over the place. It does help me multi-task so I'm not complaining.

Speaking of complaining, do you know someone who is exceptional at the art of not seeing what they have and being grateful for it?

I do. And I have been given the special assignment of kicking this installer into gear and getting him out of his funk he's put himself in with all his negativity. It's almost pointless in my mind, (you bring about what you think about) except for the fact I'm always up for a challenge. How can anyone go through life without seeing all there is to be grateful for? I understand times when life isn't all roses every day. It happens.
The guys tell me I'm just the person for the job because I don't have any patience for this silly whiney behavior and they are expecting me to snap and tell this guy what's what one of these days.

I guess I could do it that way, but wouldn't it be better if I could stealthfully bend him into my way of thinking? Maybe I should prepare a lesson for the next time I pick him up from the airport with the not so subtle theme: 'Men are that they might have joy'

I can easily pick off 27 things already today that I can find a little bit of joy in.

example? OK! I'm all for cinamatic moments so I was loving it as I ran some errands earlier today. I came drove down into the river bed area of the Jordan River (right below the Jordan River temple) The sun was blindingly gorgeous on the snow, crazy cold wind was blowing the snow all over the road, and the horses in the field below me were running. Running just to run. One took off across the field and all his buddies followed suit. When they got there it looked like he was going to take off again. Horse tag? It was beautiful.

Is it a blessing to even be able to see blessings for what they are?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those horses were just trying to stay warm and being the first to any tuft of frozen grass might be available. You are such a romantic at heart and it serves you well. You always see the beautiful pattern of frost on the INSIDE of your window instead of the thermostat that registers 45 degrees INSIDE your room. Life will always be wonderful for you. You remind of that song, "Suddenly I See", which talks about the young woman surrounded by a silver pool of light. That's you, Sushicat.

KickButtMommy said...

So did you take that horse picture or get it off the internet because it is too awesome!

FRYBABY said...

It is too bad that the food isn't that good! And that you have to eat it as leftovers and not straight out of the pot! That's life as a full-time working, socializing student!

jmr said...

left overs are my favorite! Especially soup, it gets better with time.
nope, can't claim the horses. I really should cite my unauthorized photo stealing shouldn't I?
I'm not even that into horses but man I love the idea of riding one in the snow.
Suddenly I see...KTtunstal right? I'm impressed Vickers. I've been humming it all day now. :)