2.07.2007

Ain't nothin' but a hound dog

I told you before I check the best friends website a lot right? Well, I'm reading a book "A dog's life" and it made me miss my pups so I got online to see if they've been featured anywhere on the site, AND THEY ARE UP RIGHT NOW!!! Making me proud, they are featured in the Best Friend News this week!!
I started crying the minute I saw Gib with his ever so soulful eyes, and Max aka Mel (the trainer told me they'd have to rename him since I'm sure there are probably 57 other Max's living there with him) and his goofy, lovable grin....I'm a wreck still, but so so so happy that they are happy!
Here's what the article said, in case you don't want to leave my awesome blog to go check it out ;)

Meet Mel and Gibson, a couple of hound dogs who could teach the old King of Rock n’ Roll a few moves. One of their most impressive is the soon-to-be-patented “leap tackle.” Maybe not your typical stage move, but inspiring all the same. It’s a delicate maneuver, and each attempt requires about the same amount of energy as would be necessary to run Vegas for three and a half nights. Muscle energy, of course. Not raw electric current. You see, most hound dogs are not exactly couch potatoes.
Here’s how their move works. They clear out a spot of runway, charge across the yard with enough momentum to topple a redwood tree, then launch into the air directly at your chest.
It’s charming. Really, it is.
Then, if by some minor miracle you are still standing, they figure that somehow or other they miscalculated the move. As such, the only possible solution is to try again. And again. (Alright, so maybe they like to jump up a bit! Nothing a little training wouldn’t solve.) Mel and Gibson came to Best Friends when their family broke up. But they don’t seem to hold any grudges. In fact, they’re equal opportunity playmates for whoever drops by! No fear, no aggression, just play. Lots and lots of it. So. Anybody feel like burning a few million calories?


I taught them that move! No really, I didn't. I did everything in my power to stop it. See what happens when your talent is underappreciated? Now they are the stars they should be! I couldn't possible be prouder of them. Good job boys!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Oh sweetie, that made me cry. I miss your dogs for you.

jmr said...

Don't cry! i cry too much as it is over those two! :) luv ya Heather!! u'r the best.