4.16.2007

Family Nite

Today went so smoothly I kept waiting for a bomb to drop to make things seem a little more familiar! I seriously could not believe my luck. I didn't really know what to do with myself.
I was overseeing The Client's curtain rods and other wall stuff being hung today and I must say I really enjoyed myself. Normally the day it all comes together and we 'move in' I get really frazzled and start hating my life. But there was a HUGE difference today because I had 'hired muscle' to do all the stuff I hate! I passed around a note in sunday school asking for some guys willing to come work for a few hours today and it turned out to be the best move ever. I found myself being able to spend more time paying attention to the details of making the rooms come together better instead of fighting tears of frustration on top of a ladder trying to drill only the required hole instead of 7 in attempt to hang a silly curtain rod!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we really dive in and do the fun decorating stuff. I'll put up some pics afterwards.
I even got done in time to go to FHE. And since I've never gone before I actually went to the wrong ward for a little bit. Then another wrong ward...I just kept wandering around the church looking for familiar people. I finally found them and I guess no one knew what was going on really so I went went to dinner with a few people instead. Thai food. I finally got the curry I've been craving.

3 comments:

FRYBABY said...

You are really catching on, Jenna! Hiring muscle is a great idea. I love having muscle around my house because they do all the things that I really don't want to and sometimes can't do and I love them for it....(I love them anyway but what a difference it makes to have them around!) Can't wait to see the end result...

KickButtMommy said...

Glad that you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, you should keep cruising all the wards on FHE nights. Sounds like a good plan for meeting as many people as possible. Also the invites to help with 'Design with Jenna' is a smart move for meeting great charitable guys with muscles. Smart girl.