4.19.2007

Finally Ever After

Tada! Here they are finally. The After photos.

I know I said a couple of days ago the job couldn't have gone better, but that was mid job. Now having it completed I can say that it was by far the funnest job I've done and it went so smoothly I am still in awe that we can finish a room in under a month and it doesn't have to be the long drawn out process it used to be when Jana was trying to do it all herself. Honestly, what was she paying me for? Now I feel like I've found my stride and we are more of a team. My new more active roll in things has totally made a difference in how I feel about my job. I love being with the client and solving issues for them, even if it is just about a disagreement over tassels. I realized something, Jana and Kim never spoke once on the phone and met only once before we started buying for the job. That is a huge change in how things used to go.

Yesterday we walked through the rooms with Kim and Cory to go over any concerns or elements we might improve and they didn't have anything they wanted changed. They loved it all! YEA!

The entry way didn't need much at all. We added the potted topiaries and an iron wall piece to the existing art and rugs. Simple and elegant.

We did window treatments on the main level (7 windows total!) Kim couldn't decide what she wanted to do with the wall above her piano. They couldn't agree on art so a huge mirror was an easy fix. What do you think of those candle holders Michele? ;)

My favorite part of the project was the master suite. Probably because it was the biggest change and it was really drastic when it was finished. The decorative finish in the bedroom turned out beautifully if I do say so myself. The suede finish makes the room feel soft and inviting and the color scheme is rich with all the jewel colors and the champagne light golds.



In the bathroom I would have chosen a different
paint color but I lost on this issue and the green eventually grew on me. I used a high gloss finish so it helped win me over because it worked with the spa retreat type feel we were
going for.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I really do love it! Please help me with my house!

jmr said...

Anytime Heather, tho I seriously doubt you need me, I've seen pics up on here of your home and I think it looks beautiful. But we could do a project July 4th weekend amongst the plays and movies and and and.. :)

KickButtMommy said...

Yeah, right. That weekend is all about the PLAY and the play! But I do finally have someone coming to do my drywall so I can have it painted before y'all come!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Job, Jenna, but so much work. You are wonderful.

FRYBABY said...

Love the candle holders!! My only problem is that mine are still sitting on my window seat waiting for the perfect place....you need to come back one of these days! So did you take before and after pics of my kitchen and family room? Awesome job you did!!