5.24.2007

I love Jack Sparrow

After work I decided I to stop by a radio live remote to enter for VIP passes to the new Pirates movie. I was feeling seriously lucky and couldn't pass it up. As I was pulling into the parking lot the radio guy said the next person who came up to him and said Aye Matey to him would win a $250 gift certificate. I thought for sure someone else would have said it by the time I got there but he said hi to me as I walked up and so I asked him if anyone had said Aye Matey yet. He said no, and handed me the gift certificate. DANG IT! I didn't want carpet! I wanted tickets to the show. Blast, I used my luck on stupid carpet. I got over my disappointment momentarily when the carpet people told me I could use my winnings on an area rug until I noticed in the fine print that my good fortune was only good if I spent upwards of $700. Don't you just hate that? I do! I always win weird stuff, never the good stuff. Well once I won sushi so I can't honestly say never. But besides that one time, the only other thing I can ever remember winning was a ton of compost. Yeah, who else wins a truckload of poop?
So I decided to at least go outside and get my photo with the pirates. Johnny Depp is pretty much one of my all time favorites so if I squinted real hard, {OK honestly closed my eyes and pretend real hard} this stand in Jack Sparrow was almost as cute as the real deal.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What a fabulous picture! I love it. One time I won a cabbage patch doll, the travel kind. She was from China.

Anonymous said...

A truckload of poop?!?! I nearly died laughing...only you, Jenna. What did you do with it? Uncle Serge would have loved it.

jmr said...

I gave the poop to my parents, they loved me for it I'm sure and put it in the garden in Btown. Heather! Why can't I win something fun like a cabbage patch doll? Or a bike like Christian?! or for that matter a million bucks and I'd take us all on a trip to anywhere...now we're talking.

FRYBABY said...

They look like the real thing!! I was trying to see if they were fake and you somehow put your picture in between....until I finished reading your blog! I once won a 45 of the song 'Venus'...big time, right?! But other than that I can't remember winning anything so you've got me beat!!

Cara said...

I won a gift card to Michaels once, but I thought that was pretty good.

Aye Matey!