5.22.2007

jmr = color junkie


what do you think of these icons? I have my favorite but I just wanted to get some feedback and see if you pick the same one I did. Any suggestions would also be appreciated.

My friend, who is kind enough to design a business card for me, sent me these. I'm having fun picking out colors and learning all sorts of cool random things about the world of graphic design. I have a thing for color swatches so I got a little carried away on the websites he sent links to because I can play with colors all day long there. Wanna see? OK. http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Beside my collection of paint deck books that ride around with me in my car I have a stack at least 3" deep of RL color swatches I flip through randomly for fun or to be inspired. I think I want to start a collection of favs and keep them in a candy dish or something. I went as far as to spend better part of an afternoon obsessively moving about 80 of them around on a board creating my own color wheel (or square?) which now has a permanent spot at my desk at work where I can look at it and dream about walls I'd like to paint great colors like Mombasa mist or Mai tai red. I've mentioned before grey is the new black? I love it.

So now that MDK has introduced me to websites devoted to color swatches I can tell I'll have a hard time limiting myself to just a couple favorites.

13 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I like the first one, and I love the idea about putting color chips in a candy dish! Perfect.

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3, it has a nice flow about it. Don't forget yourself and start nibbling on your color chips.

Cara said...

I like the first one, too. I understand how you feel about color chips. I am the same way about fabrics.

Anonymous said...

I'll second the candy dish idea. That's something you should try at a tradeshow.
I'm curious what MGB is... did you mean RGB? Although I guess it could be Magenta Green Blue, but it'd throw everything way out of wack. :) If you don't know what CMYK is we can go over that next.
Oh, and before I forget... you can actually buy Pantone colored paint. It's a bit pricey, but the swatch is always exactly what the paint color turns out to be.

Palabra!

jmr said...

dangit mdk, I'm a bad grasshopper, when will I ever learn? :) we can't move onto cymk until I can handle the info already given, tho I think those stand for the colors used in printers? am I even close?

Anonymous said...

Right on the printer colors. K, so things to remember.
RGB = Red Green Blue
CMYK = Cyan Magenta Yellow Black
(yes I know "K" is a wierd way to start the Black with, but that's just how it is.)

bad grasshopper... you make me chuckle

Anonymous said...

Alright, now there is NO DOUBT that your mind works differently from most peoples'. Playing with Color chips?!!!! You are definitely a singularity (or somethng like that).
My vote is for #3...it is totally you.

jmr said...

aight. we need a tie breaker 2 votes for one, 2 votes for 3...

FRYBABY said...

I'll play it safe and vote for #2...(but my first inclination was really for #1.) Actually...#2 is Spanish. You know how they put their exclamations at the front and back (except yours are opposite!!)? Did anyone understand me?

FRYBABY said...

I just checked and they are not backwards (yes, I know they are j's!!)

Devry said...

I vote for #1 as well

Sioux said...

#3 for me!

Anonymous said...

Is there a 4th option?