6.20.2007

Cruisin in my car


Nicholas Sparks can be depended upon to write up some serious tear jerking stories. There are some movies that make me cry no matter what and his book turned movie 'A Walk to Remember' is one of them.

So when Pinklove told me I'd cry my eyeballs out when I saw 'The Notebook' I kept waiting for the tears and when it didn't happen I was left wondering if I was cured of this embarrassing movie blunder. Not so, I was forced into watching Charley (one of the other movies) again, and I was seriously dehydrated afterwards. Get a grip! They aren't even good movies really!!!

*Spoiler Alert if you haven't seen The Notebook*
Am I the only one who thought both Allie and Noah died at the end? They looked dead. And I thought this is where I probably should have cried but I didn't quite buy the dying together thing.
So if you are into this kind of stuff, the Nicholas Sparks super sweet stories packing a punch, (I believe that is how one of his critics put it) you should put 'The Wedding' on your list of books to read. It is the next book after 'The Notebook' and I loved it. Noah is alive in this story, that is why I asked about the ending to the last movie. It is a really great love story and an eye opener to how easy it could be to wander through life with out actually living it and appreciating the people you love.



I've been working on my stinkin resume. What is it about a resume that makes me want to pull my hair out? But once I'm done with the dreadful thing I've been excited to find a job with it. If there was a professional job to be had involving long drives, I would take it. A Professional Cruiser. (Not a gopher, to much stop and go in a car, BUT on a bike I think that would be an ideal job too! And not a trucker, tho I used to say I was going to drive trucks when I grew up) Put me in the car with music and I could be happy for days. I can't remember when I took this picture, one of the trips up north I guess since I've had to come up with ways to entertain myself. (No one was harmed in the process and I did have both hands on the wheel... at least I wasn't talking on the phone too right?)
If gas weren't so insanely expensive I would probably drive to the 4th of July fun in Cali just for the excuse to spend excessive hours in my car.

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love The Wedding, and you are the complete opposite of Miles. He HATES being in the car.

Devry said...

You are right. Allie and Noah die in the movie but not in the book. Only Allie dies in the book, hence the sequel The Wedding. As a side note, my first experience with Nicholas Sparks was The Notebook. I picked it up in the airport for a flight home from college. Needless to say, I was bawling my eyes out in O’Hare during my lay over as I finished the book. It was very embarrassing.

Cara said...

Charley gets you EVERY TIME. That movie is dangerous. But that's it's so funny in The Singles Ward when that guy does a cameo crying while reading the book Charley.

KickButtMommy said...

Miles and I watched Charley at a time when our life was exceptionally challenging and we were both sobbing.

jmr said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! And thank you Devry for clearing that up for me.
It's too bad grandma doesn't have her computer yet, I've been missing Vickers...

KickButtMommy said...

I thought Vickers said Gma was getting it today! YAY! I miss her too. BTW did you get the paint?

FRYBABY said...

Grandma will be getting her computer soon....as soon as we have time to go set her up, that is. It is here at my house and if Tony can clue me in on how to set up the router, modem and such I will take it over tomorrow! As for crying during movies....I cry during the happy ones and the ones that make me laugh really hard! There is definitely something wrong with me I think....

jmr said...

it has to run in the family Frybaby. I blame it on my mom. But I love laughing until I cry, nothing more fun! Except that time Ashton nearly killed me with his funniness. (at the dinner table this week) I thought I was going to drown!
gma is going to be a blogging fanatic, I can just feel it!

FRYBABY said...

So if you are bored and are considering a really fast trip up here....take a look in your dad's closet and find Ashton's missionary shoes!! Oh well,... I broke down and bought him some more today so that he would have some!! I knew we would forget something...anyway, thanks for a great week! (Remind me what Ashton was doing at the dinner table to make you laugh...my memory escapes me...all the time unfortunately!!)

jmr said...

His shoes were by the front door when I got home the day you guys left. I was hoping they were Jamies so they wouldn't be missed terribly. I guess they will be his now huh? Ashton said "Do you know what I'm going to miss the most?" Then surprised you with the answer. Remember now?