7.22.2007

Wicked fans everywhere


Note of interest for the Wicked fans: I was checking out at Walmart yesterday, wearing my Defy Gravity tee and the checkout guy practically screamed WICKED!! at me. I was so shocked that he knew the song and even MORE shocked when he busted out singing it!!! So cool. He saw it both in NY and LA and said he loved them both equally.

This week's designer isn't exactly a designer. I've been spending a lot of time looking at artists with small store fronts and thought I'd share the one that stood out the most so far.

I found her on a fun site 1stdibs.com a site with lots of crazy stuff like the flying ant for instance (#17). Who doesn't want a flying ant? It's always fun to see what the trend forecasters say about whats going to be hot, then go to market (in a week, YEA!) and see it first hand carried out by almost every vendor.. then finally see it filter down into the stores and watch it become THE hot commodity.
What would you pick? I'd pick #2 or #12, can't make up my mind. #13 looks fun too! I have a thing for chairs in pairs...

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

#12 for me!

Hilarious Wicked guy! Wish I could have seen that one.

Anonymous said...

Boooo WalMart!

Great story though. I think you two should go on the road.

FRYBABY said...

I pick #13...they're not only red and black (my favorite combination) they have a great number!! But I have to admit..the flying ant is cool and I also think they should make a dragonfly on an antenae too. Has anyone besides me noticed that dragonflies have a fetish for the ball on the tip of car antenaes?

FRYBABY said...

So what is #6?

Anonymous said...

No. 6 is a caterpillar couch made with individual seats for skinny rumps. Never do in my house!!
Mom

jmr said...

YES Frybaby, I've noticed the dragonfly thing, very elegant idea, you should market it!

who is that booing walmart?

jmr said...

I think I just answered my own question. My map is proving to be useful. Narrowed it down to the NSLC hit. One of two people out there I know hate Walmart and one doesn't have internet at home. Busted...

Anonymous said...

So who is the NSL person? I love Wal*Mart.....because I can't afford to go anywhere else! And I agree...I love those maps!

Anonymous said...

You two just have to get a life...you sit there and answer each other's comments ALL day!! Actually you are two of the busiest women I know and I know quite a few. I vote for the flying ant over any piece of furninture there. I am way past furniture and on to unique conversation pieces to spice up my decorating efforts. Frogs and 'tweekas' are the best!

Nano said...

Oops. I'm the WalMart Booer. I don't mean to be mr. annoying anonymous comment leaver.

Did you know that WalMart pays it's employees so poorly that they have started putting welfare service offices IN WalMart stores for the employees? The estimated annual cost of supporting the impoverished workers of just one store is around $400,000.00 tax payer dollars.

That's just one of the 1,459,543 reasons I boo WalMart.

jmr said...

nano. I should have known.
vickers. I do need a life.
only 2.5 hours until I offically don't have the cushiest job ever so I am taking complete advantage.