7.21.2007

Quail Creek


I'm glad to be rid of my dog sitting duties today although I had lots of fun minus my rude awakening. It is just nice to be home in my own spot, happy as a clam.
Yeti and I went to the lake both nights (I needed an excuse to drive the Titan) We wandered along the shore and I threw in sticks for him to wear himself out with, we hunted a lizard for an amazingly intense few minutes until a silly fisherman distracted us with his silly questions about what we were chasing. Can't you see we're busy man? Lizard's lucky day I'd say, we were this close. The run back to the truck was my favorite. There are these bumpy hills all along the side of the park, perfect for bmx but also fun for a crazy kind of trail running with lots of inclines and jumping about with the dog close behind. The second night I decided to try n ditch the dog. Not easily done but I had him confused a couple of times.

I ran a bunch of mindless errands after work and tried to de-scatter my brain. You would not believe the drama going on in my place of work. I won't even try to fill you in but let me just say that I am so glad to be leaving right now.
The perfect way to end the week, a hot, but not too hot, night at the Dixie Bowl for the ShaDaisey concert. I like them (some of my favorite holiday music) and they put on a good show.

"She doesn't want the kind of love she can live with, she wants the kind of love she can't live with out."

They don't sing this, but some country person did. I've had it on my mirror for the last week or so. Words to live by.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are so cute! I noticed someone searched for your name on my blog! Hmmm, checking you out! :) Glad you were able to decompress!

FRYBABY said...

So when are you coming for sure? Always love your fun stories but now we will be able to experience some of them....or should I say be the cause of some of them! Good times ahead!!

Anonymous said...

Life sounds good for you...full of fun and moments of challenge and growth, also. Glad that you are stable and can put everything that life brings to you in a healthy place.