8.04.2007

JACKIE and JENNA together again!

I LOVE this girl. Jackie is the reason I got up in the mornings when I was young. I thought she was the meaning of fun. And years go by and what do you know? She still is. We went to Carden Memorial together, had countless sleepovers (usually at my house because it was the jackpot for her: popcorn, capri suns, fruit snacks, all things not found at her house.)
I think of her often (every time I eat a bell pepper) and while we had lost contact the last two years I knew it wouldn't be long until we found each other again. And today just happened to be that day.

She and and her husband Jeff came to Centerville for dinner (Firehouse, YUM and oops on the diet.) and then we went to her parents home which is now just mere minutes from the home I grew up in. (A dream we always dreamed growing up since she lived in Sugar House and wanted desperately to live in Btown with me.) These people are some of my most dear friends. A fun game of OH HECK, or Mormon Gin in their home, and a debate on the grey area of honesty (fun to debate with Dixie on any subject) and I consider this a perfect night spent with fantastic company.

OK. Now, just because of my enthusiasm on the greatness of Jackie, don't discount or confuse it with the enthusiasm I'm about to exoress about something else entirely. Being with Jackie was like coming home. This other thing...I know I am probably more excited than I should be, but I can't help myself!!!

Bry (or otherwise known on the blog as RC1) told me a week ago that he had ordered me some business cards. I can't remember exactly what brought about a conversation in the past where I mentioned the need for business cards? But things were said, and the outcome was Bry taking matters into his own hands, and I was really anticipating what he had come up with. (I love surprises!)

Last night Bry was a gem and said he would go to my friends reception with me and as I was getting together a very thoughtful gift (check and card, "intentions pave...") he said he might have a card in his truck if I needed one. 'Oh no, I'll find something....' (I have the random note cards for such an occasion like any female would.)

BUT as we are sitting in his truck (I'm making this longer than I should because it is so fun to relive!) he gives me this big box I know holds the much anticipated business cards. But why so big for what he said was just a few cards, mock ups, to see if I liked them or not?

When I see them I was....words escape me even now.... stunned?
Not what I was expecting AT ALL. Above and beyond.

AND IT GOT EVEN BETTER!

He made my cards! Actually mass produced them. With envelopes and everything. Just like that. He made a dream I've thrown around in the back of my head a reality. I tried to tell him how much this meant to me but it just sounds as corny as it does again right now. But it really is so very..... insert a word of your choosing better than 'awesome' because you know I've completely killed words like awesome and cool. I have shown everyone I've come in contact with today because it gives me such a thrill to see my funny little creations in the form I always wanted to see them in.

I'm sorry the picsare gone. I'll put them up again momentarily, Cara pointed out I was giving out too much info.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Okay RC1 is my new favorite person (as if his awesome photog status did not already make him so) but WOW! What a thoughtful amazing gift! I am so impressed and so excited. You best be putting one of those cards in the mail for you cuz-in-law tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Jackie the one who played the piano so amazingly? Everytime I sit down to play my mom's piano I remember Jackie and how beautiful she made my mom's piano sound...unlike me!
Now..about Bry! Absolutely stunning the amount of thought and effort that gift required. If you could just bottle RC1 and sell him you would be filthy rich.

Sarah said...

The cards are amazing!!! We need to talk...call me when you get a few minutes!

Cara said...

Jenna you might want to cover up your phone number - your blog isn't private, remember!

I think they're super cute, and I'd love some JMR stationery, too.

jmr said...

auh man cara! freak me out why don't ya!