8.08.2007

BST

With no commitments, schedules, work chaos to control, or projects to finish I find myself in something close to retirement. When Grandma and I compare our days I'm not surprised at all by the similarities. We both putter around the house, read books, take naps...

The only real difference is what I do to break up my days. I was so excited to find that I have easy access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from Micheles house.







One summer in High School, Coree and I helped Bronson with his Eagle Project clearing a portion of the trail near the U of U campus trail head. Since then I have always wanted to do more exploring along the trail but never have. Now I can be there in less than 10 minutes and have found that there are bunches of trails leading off the main trail to explore.
Yesterday I started up the side of the mountain 'heading south' I told Michele in case of emergency. I found a 4' long snake skin (but no snake. Bummer.) and took a side trail that climbed and climbed. I wanted to do 'just one more switchback' but each time I did, there was another one. The mountain just kept on getting taller. I'll get back to that trail one day to see where it goes when I pack some water.
I'm doing my best to not go stir crazy. I don't know what I expected coming here with out a job lined up and no real option of getting one right off with obligations taking me out of town, but I guess I didn't think I'd run out of things to accomplish in under a week. Time to start creating chaos I guess. It's the only way I know how to survive!

Pictures brought to you by other peoples flickr accounts.

4 comments:

FRYBABY said...

Whoops....I left the comment I wanted to leave here under your homing pigeon! If only I could train Tony how to follow directions! He does find his way home though....;)

KickButtMommy said...

Creating chaos? Hmm, that must run in the family. Although we have 0 blood in common, and I am much older than you, I am sure I get that from you! :)

jmr said...

oh yeah, gimme a week, I'll find me some good chaos soon I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a gypsy. Can't sit still for a moment.