8.12.2007

Park and Ride

My Sundays start out with a standing agreement to meet up with my folks online to chat. I look forward to it every week. It makes it seem like they aren't so far away until my dad says something like 'I hope you enjoy the day, we already did.' We'll have to come up with a new meeting time because I'm changing wards again and the new one is the 9 o'clock. No wonder my records are lost, I haven't been to one consecutive ward more than three weeks in a row since the beginning of the year.

I spent the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa having dinner and enjoying their company. Grandma amazes me with how vibrant she is. What am I expecting right? She has always been so full of life, how could a little thing like falling from the attic slow her down? I love living so close. If for no other reason to be here right now, I am sure being near family is purpose enough.

Casey and I went to my friends house to see the horses, but didn't stay long because the park was calling to us. So we were on our way and had fun playing until a bully took away our toys and made us cry. OK, Casey was the one crying, I just felt like it cuz bullies are...well...bullies. :) It's funny how badly I wanted to chase the kid down and make him sorry. What's wrong with me?!

Then Cade and I finished off the day with an excellent meeting for the single adults in the area. The speakers were really great, The Eyres, and beautiful music, Hillary Weeks.

The photos are from friday when I decided to go back to the trail I mentioned a few days ago to finish it. I made it to the top only to find that the trail keeps on going further back into the actual mountains. (vs foothills) Fun to make it to the top but I found out from Tony later that the trail keeps going until it hits SLC. I was too hungry to go on. It is still an unfinished adventure.
I 'won' some tickets on the radio for a concert yesterday so RC1 and I went and checked it out. When I say I won the tickets, really, the DJ's just gave them to me along with tickets to Underdog because they had them and I was the only one who stopped by silly enough to take them. It wasn't a cool venue, or a very great band so we took off after a couple of songs and had fun doing other stuff instead. Stopped by a P Breinholt concert that Ryan Shupe was helping out with where they also had maybe ten hot air balloons hanging around. Why? I don't know, maybe some kind of balloon extravaganza, but the overall effect was pretty great.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Cool pictures. I like the first one of the tree on the hill. I actually thought it was S. Africa at first.

KickButtMommy said...

I love the picture of the balloons

jmr said...

i didn't take the pic of the balloons, but it looked very much like that. auh, the worldwideweb..

Sioux said...

You really have an eye for content, form and beauty! And I love the music that you've added. Isn't it fun to be able to put so much about yourself into so little space?!

Anonymous said...

I must be getting old b/c I have a hard time concentrating on the reading when I am trying to listen to the music. Some thing about being old I guess, I don't multi task very well anymore. Sounds like you have a great time and you really have a lot to show for your time.

jmr said...

vickers I'll prob make the music an option just for you so you can take it or leave it.

FRYBABY said...

Mute works really well....sometimes I like the music and sometimes I like the silence so I can collect my thoughts. I was never one who could study with music on but Tony and some of my boys have to have music to study by. To each his own!! I think the pictures are awesome too..maybe you should become a photographer. You have a great mentor in RC1!!!

Anonymous said...

Sushicat, you are always so considerate of your old auntie. But don't worry....when I get back to my own home I don't have speakers with my computer, remember?! Just thought I'd yank your chain a little. I do love your pictures though...I'm a totally visual person.