8.11.2007

insomnia

Have you seen Premonition yet? I'm up for any kind of movie, even if it isn't pleasant (I know,and you thought I only liked chic flicks) But c'mon! This movie....argh. I tried watching it earlier this week and had major dis functions thru out the attempt including two separate locations about the house to watch it, starting it over at least three times to get the disk to stop skipping and THEN in the final leg it up and died for real leaving me hanging. And now after watching it in its entirety tonight with Camel I came back downstairs wanting to punch something. WARNING KINDA A SPOILER (BUT NOT REALLY): I should have quit when I didn't know what was going to happen, maybe I am better off with happilyeverafters...

I've spent the last hour or so reading a book by my favorite Irish author, Marian Keyes, and getting a good laugh as can be expected of any book of hers but as soon as I turned off the light I'm wide awake again and I chose to blame the movie.

But it does give me a good excuse to write about my designer of the week. None other than Kate Spade.

She has been so fun to read about over the years. I love her style and the fun person she seems to be. I like hitting up her 'play list' to find fun new music too. Her website is a favorite past time of mine to check out what she is reading or what she is up to in her universe of chic bags and so many other great items I can't really afford but love to drool over. I WOULD BE THE MOST ORGANIZED PERSON ALIVE IF I ONLY HAD A KS PLANNER.... calm down now. (I'm also reading again the book by MEE about things owning me. I don't need a planner, I have one...good grief. That was close.)

Here is the link to behind the curtain, I'm listening to the mixed tape 3 right now and loving the it. Quirky.
Wouldn't it be cool to intern for someone like Kate Spade? I've thought about internships abroad after school. NY could be considered a foreign country couldn't it? If I ever got the chance to meet her, I'd want to meet Andy Spade too. The quotes she put in her books (the etiquette ones) from him make him sound like my kind of people. Sneakily funny and on the silly side, but not over the top (don't you love how I give them personalities of my choosing?)

Style has to be exactly imperfect. -Andy Spade

5 comments:

Cara said...

We watched Premonition last week and we agreed that it totally bites. Despite the continuity errors, it could have been a good movie, but the ending was totally lame.

Dejavu was a slightly better movie. But if you really like time twist/time travel type shows, rent Paycheck with Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman and Paul Giamatti. That's a cool puzzle movie.

KickButtMommy said...

I agree with Cara, Deja Vu is better. I hate that premonition ends with nothing really changed except her attitude. LAME! Paycheck is good. I like that a lot.

Love the style quote. That is so true. wish I had some!

jmr said...

I loved Da ja vu too guys. Premonition still has me wondering about things, probably the continuity errors you speak of that have me baffled. I'll rent paycheck again, I can't remember it at all.

Anonymous said...

sushicat..don't know much about movies and really don't care so I'll comment on something else.
I told Eden all about WICKED and gave her the playbill and my extra music CD. She loved it all and was really blown away that the star of the play had 'Eden' for her name, too. Anyway, our Eden wants a 'defy gravity' t-shirt now. Cool, huh?! You'll have to post a good photo of you in your t-shirt so that I can copy it. Okay???

KickButtMommy said...

Oh, now I want Eden and Danielle to come see Wicked with us!