8.30.2007

please pass the candy corn, apothecary jars and tea lights

You would think that this computer, in a photography studio no less, would be set up to download images from my camera? Nope. Can't. Won't. Don't even think about it. USB and I are not speaking. So instead of showing you somethings from real life:


"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." – Steve Jobs














We've already agreed that I'm a fall fanatic? I can't help it! I want to make a wreath, buy miles of crinkly leaf garlands, spritz everything I come in contact with in spicy fragrances. And BAKE! What is going on? Mom, are you perhaps behind this weird urge to bake? Have I been drugged? Not that I'm complaining, my dream file is getting fat with ideas.
Instead I've browsed the heck out of the fall issues of home magazines and frequented Michael's and Roberts to visit the splendid fall florals and autumn delights.
I think the overloaded need to decorate is the lack of creative outlet to let me do so. Sure, I get this craving every year, but this time it is especially strong since all my treasures remain in their tote in the garage and I don't get to play with all the fall shipments this year at THD. Maybe I'll go get some cinnamon mentos? That should tide me over for, oh, a minute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely the urge to bake comes from the wonderful bakery chef known to you as 'Mom'!! Would love some of her cinnamon rolls about now. Autumn is the season when we can really make big, overblown, in-your-face changes with our environment. You see Nature doing it so why not Sushicat?!

KickButtMommy said...

I LOVE the autumn too. I say we go to Manhattan and sharpen a bouquet of pencils.

jmr said...

cinnamon roles!! right you are vickers.
'...makes me want to buy school supplies..' When Kickbutt when? right now? let's go.