8.15.2007

Procrastinating

I have found The Job For Me.
I saw a tiny scrap of a paper on the job board at LDSBC about a job painting furniture for a designer on Highland. I got together a portfolio and went out and talked to them yesterday. I loved the showroom and the couple of people I met were really friendly.
The furniture is amazing and I started dreaming up fun things to paint while she was showing me what other artists have done. Their look is Old World/Tuscan so I have a good idea what kind of work it would be.

The designer gave me a cupboard door to take home and paint something on. Easy enough I thought as I drove home. Yesterday I couldn't wait to get started. But I slept on it and I shouldn't have.

OH! THE PRESSURE. I've syked myself out I think. Luckily I like working under pressure so I'm bound to pull out of this funk. Got the background on and now I'm too wrapped up in it to continue so what better to do than blog and whine instead? I've still gotta put on the next layer, an olive branch scrolly type thing I've sketched out but I'm stuck on how dark the background looks. Too busy. Blast.
OK. I feel better now. Back to it. Finished product update later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally impressed! You are so talented. Wow!

Anonymous said...

And I'm not anonymous, I'm RC1.

KickButtMommy said...

I love it Jenna. I think it is going to look great. I agree with RC!. IMPRESSIVE. I think I know the store you are talking about, and I hope you get the gig!

Anonymous said...

When you get finished there you can fly out to my house and help revamp my butler's pantry...we used to call it the mud room when Serge had control over it. I love your olive leaf idea. One day you will have your own line of furniture and you can hire me to sweep the showroom floors.