8.15.2007

Gib and his pup

I swore I would seriously cut back on the dogs but c'mon, these are too cute NOT to share. Really? Just me? OOoook.

Once again I'm back for a break from the cupboard, researched some olive stuff, laughed my guts out reading an email from my friend. I laughed so hard Michele thought I was crying. And I guess I was, but mirth tears, not sad tears. Feels good to laugh so hard, now I can go back and properly conquer the cupboard.

But first, thought I'd share my quote of the day too. I really should share them more often, they are priceless, but most of them take too much explaining to appreciate, and in the end I'm probably the only one who gets a kick out of em anyway. This one is easy if you know Grandpa Awesome.

I went out back to tell them I was leaving because I wanted to be in on the bleaching of the football playas collective hair. Grandpa, of course, thought this rediculous. "I don't have time for foolishness." He was smiling when he said this but it was so grandpa I laughed about it for awhile afterwards.

Auh, Grandpa, foolishness is what makes the world go 'round. Or is it love? I'm thinking of a song... can anyone help me out? Dangit. Hate it when I have half a memory.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many different levels of meaning to what Grandpa Awesome said, especially coming from him.
It just shows how bright you are to realize that. Keep the platitudes coming. Maybe we can write another
"Awesome's Sawisms".

Anonymous said...

I left out an entire phrase in the above comment. It should read,
'Maybe we can write another book, this time entitled "Awesome's Sawisms"'.
There, does that make better sense? Maybe I could write a joke book entitled, "Vickers' Typoes"!

KickButtMommy said...

Funny Grandpa!

Amy said...

Jenna,
your so cute and such a good writer. Wanna hang out next week, Im coming up Tuesday for the WHOLE week, only thing is, i cant walk well so it will have to be close and simple . . . maybe some lunch???

Sarah said...

I'll be up there too Jenna! We should all get together for lunch its been too long since we were together! :)

jmr said...

OH MY HECK! The three of us in the same place, same time? Of course we should do something. You know my number and my super lax schedule. Find me.