8.16.2007

"Thanks, we'll call you."

It just took me longer for me to write "Thanks, we'll call you" than it took her to say it and promptly dismiss me saying something in French or maybe Italian as I left that had me curious. Does she speak in another language when she is pleased? Or when she is doggin' on stuff? I broke out in a serious sweat when I posted this pic and took a good look. I left out a substantial piece of my sketch and seriously didn't catch it until just now. Oops. Goes to show I'm not with it completely when I paint late at night. Don't go looking for my flaws, hopefully they won't either. Stupid mistake.

I make it sound way more 'brush off' than it was, she could have loved it for all I know. I guess I just wanted her to say more but her phone was ringing and she was intent on answering it so I found myself outside, blinking in the sunlight thinking, 'Now what?'

I went cruising for fun shops, that's what. I found a new consignment shop I'm sure I'll check out often.

This great building is on Highland a couple blocks away from Dzurov, the designers I want to paint for. It is THE building I picture when I dream the dream of having my own shop. (with renovations and mucho tlc of course) I'd live in the door on the right (in some daydreams, in others I live in my car) have a kickin gallery/showroom/boutique in the space on the left with an art studio in back and deliveries/storage/workspace and maybe rent out some space to a starving artist in the basement to help with the overhead.

Signe called to catch up and tell me about the happenings in her world. I think our daily chats are one of the biggest things I miss about my routine. Made me a little home sick honestly. But not enough so to make me sad I left. Life is too good to look back.

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

It looks great Jenna! You are just too talented. My kitchen cupboards are horrid! Come on over!

FRYBABY said...

I love it! When you get done with Heather's you can start on my cupboards! It's hard to know exactly what people are looking for but I think they should love it! Of course, I am WAY biased! Maybe it's because I'm your mother's sister or something like that! But you have talent, girl!

Anonymous said...

Wow...we love it too. It is amazing with the different layers, shading and olives ready for the picking. You are very talented in so many ways. Mom and Dad

Cara said...

You dream about living in your car? Come on Jenna you can dream better than that! I can see the romance of the renovated run-down bldg, but not the car.

Anonymous said...

Yo yo. Your cupboard looks great and I'm sure they loved it. Expect a call soon with an offer for lots of money! Lots and lots of money!!!

So I made it to Mexico but have had a hard time finding internet. It's good to see your blog and by the way, I love sleeping in my car too. Great dream!

Later -- RC1

jmr said...

Right RC1, 80 K, no less. :)
I do dream of living in my car sometimes Cara, gotta start somewhere right?

FRYBABY said...

Don't tell Grandma but a roommate and I stayed in my car for quite a few days in Cali way back when I was in college. Will never forget that experience!! It's the lack of a bathroom and shower that is the difficult part!!

Anonymous said...

Now see, I figured you were reporting your 'aspiration' dream and your 'worse case scenario' nightmare when you mentioned the car scene. You know, 'the best of all times and the worst of all times'.
I am going to do my butler's pantry with your cupboard front design. Now, where did I put that butler's pantry?!!

FRYBABY said...

oh juice on frybaby...that could come in handy. you donthave a butler's pantry vickers? and I was so excited for you.

FRYBABY said...

oops. I didn't realize I've been out and about the blogosphere as frybaby and I don't have the patience to go back and tell you all it was me. I bet you'll catch on. jmr

Anonymous said...

Yo yo,
Any news yet?

-- RC1