8.21.2007

Millions of Peaches

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Roald Dahl
It's been a fun week but nothing much to blog about. Reading a lot of books, doing a lot of fun things but still I have been lacking on anything to say, strange huh?
I've reached a certain point of maturity I suppose because I have become addicted to different forms of preserving fruit. Grandmas orchard offers a plethora of goodies and I have spent a lot of time the last few days 'skinning' peaches, chopping up apples, filling the dehydrator up a few times over and learning how to make jam. Next attempt: PIES!

This household is fantastic for soundbites. Yesterday I walked into the kitchen as Parker was asking about the new resident of the counter, moms huge dehydrator, The Big One. He asked how much it cost and Michele said she didn't know since it wasn't hers. I said 'One million dollars' (a rare Austin Powers moment for me) He said, "Well worth it for The Big One." OK, so maybe you had to be there, but Parker is a hoot.

So is Casey. Coree made him a quesadilla the other day for lunch. He was thanking her for it and asked what it was called again. She told him it was a quesadilla and he said, "Oh, a Casey's dilla."

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Mmm, i could go for some dried peaches and a casey's dilla right now! missed you on here girl!

FRYBABY said...

Can't wait for the new 'Jenna' creation, dried sugar-cinnamon apples!! They sure make our home smell goooooooood!!

Anonymous said...

You can never have too many daughters around. But, of course, that is easy for me to say since I only had two and they both were perfect. Right, Lisie?!!

Cara said...

I only follow in the footsteps of the Great Danielle Louise.