8.22.2007

wednesday, the day before thursday

First off, go check out PBPB, the folks have an update finally.

This week has been so relaxing and nice. I gave up my worries about finding a job since I'm leaving for St. George on Monday so with that off my back I've been enjoying my extended vacation. (nice words for slacker life style)

Monday I went with some new friends to FHE at Camp Tracy and had fun meeting people in my newest ward. I think I'll be in this one long enough to learn some names.

Tuesday Coree and I went to Lagoon a beach with Casey and two of his friends Megan and Whitney. Whitney and I had a blast going on the slides and floating along in the lazy river.
The plan after we were done playing in the water was to go home for a break then ride the rides later. Since I had faced my fears and gone on a scary water slide with Whitney she was going to go on Wicked with me (the newest ride) BUT Casey got sick so we didn't go back after all. I was so in the mood for some rides too.

So instead, I decided to go to Ogden and hang out with Jackie and Jeff. She gave me great directions and I was impressed with myself remembering all of them with out writing it down. Only Ogden conspired against me and made it difficult with unmarked exits and cones everywhere to make it more complicated than it should have been.
I passed the exit, and passed it again. Ended up in Farr West, then all the way back in Roy before I got it together and figured it out. Hanging out with those two was well worth the aggravation, they are one of my very favorite things about the Great Up North. They are coming down to see me in St. George in a couple weeks, I'm excited to have some house guests.
We have big plans of becoming permanent floating fixtures in the pool.

Today I went to lunch with Amy at a great place called Plates and Palates in Bountiful. Wow! Talk about fantastic food. If you are ever in the area, lets go! Frybaby? Wanna go tomorrow? It's all your fault I'm hooked on the place! It is set up like a kitchen supply store with a great gourmet deli serving up food to die for. Obviously I'm off the diet (will try again later) and am living it up eating all the good stuff. Amy is one of my four friends due this fall. She is a cute olive on a toothpick huh? (stole that description from your SIL Amy, it describes you perfectly!) I love ya, can't wait to meet Kylee.

I went back to the house and spent a few more hours chopping up apples to throw on The Big One, and even attempted an Apple Crisp. I'm at Grandmas, we'll let you know how the treat turned out. It looks ugly but smells really good. Wish you were all here to try some.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

What? You are going back to St. Jo? No one tells me anything!

Anonymous said...

So much in your post to comment on...hmmm. Glad that PBPB is finally current. I check it every day and the frustration was killing me. Gotta send a b-day card to that sister of mine in So Africa. I already received one from her. Have a nice trip to St. George. I know that G-ma will miss you.

jmr said...

yep, back to st geo for 3 weeks for work. :( and :) all in the same.