9.03.2007

surprise delivery

I went by Signe's on the way to the studio this morning to feed the kitties, grabbing the mail and this guy on the way inside. Really. I grabbed him and held him in my hand for a good long while as I checked out a magazine before realizing he was grabbing me back! I 'calmly' put the the mail and him back in the box, did a little shake off dance in the road ridding myself of any lasting spiderness, then grabbed my camera.
He was in no hurry to vacate his luxury condo in the sky (aka mail box) so I wasn't too skittish about getting a close up. Maybe he was actually a she and wanted a peak at what was in the envelope from Tiffany's? I don't blame her!

I thought it was fitting that there were a few ads in the mail for exterminators. If they only knew! Had there been a bug man handy I would have easily bought the mongo package saying 'Gas the place!'

Spiders really only freak me out with their element of surprise and amount of legs... I could easily coexist with them if they weren't always showing up unexpectedly and showing off their unfair advantage of speed with 6 more legs than me.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Jenna! He is very scary! I think I would have screamed my head off until someone came and saved me! You are very brave...

KickButtMommy said...

Holy Heart attack Jenna!

Cara said...

CRIKEY! She's a beauty!

Actually I think I would have dropped the mail, wet my pants, and run screaming down the road shaking until I was sure the spider was off of me.

Anonymous said...

That's my little Jenna Marie with the silver eyes that I remember. She always loved the bug, any kind, anywhere, but preferably in her own little hand. What a collector you were. Not surprising that you took the tarantella in stride. Just watch out for the scorpions. They're a No No!

Sioux said...

Great reactions from everyone! What was God thinking when these ugly creatures were created?

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to see that dance. I would have done one too.

FRYBABY said...

Yeah....Jenna is the bug saver here too....the boys would have screamed for me to get rid of it!! How brave you are and how creeped out I am! I probably will have nightmares about that baby tonight!!

jmr said...

Shelly! Yea!! You guys crack me up! Just so long as the spider doesn't show up uninvited I'm ok, I will tell you I have been super jumpy and checked the mail closely today as I pulled it out.