10.25.2007

24 hours later

I'm here and I don't know how I'll ever talk myself into ever getting back on the plane to come back! It wasn't all that bad honestly, I didn't wait in any lines anywhere, the flights were easy enough to live thru, customs didn't harass me at all, and I found my parents on this end. In fact, they were chatting up some stranger (big surprise) and I watched for a good while as I almost walked right past them as they kept glancing up looking for me, looking right at me, but not actually seeing me. It was really funny. Or maybe it wasn't? I don't know. Everything is funny at this point.
We just got back from dinner across the street where I sat and giggled with my folks about this and that as the world lurched around me making me more air sick than I've been all day. So weird.
Check my dad out driving on the wrong side of everything. I was super impressed and not worried at all. Good thing too, we'll be in the car all day tomorrow.
gooooodnite.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

YAY! You made it, and you are blogging. I thought we might have a blogging drought. I can't even imagine being on a plane that long! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know that you are safely with your folks. So where were your connections?
I did the clueless parent thing once, too. Went to pick up Cara at Dulles as she came back from her freshman year at the Y. I walked right past her and didn't know it until I heard her calling me from behind. I turned around and there she was laughing at me.

Cara said...

Yes well, I was actually using my super invisible powers.

So, S. Africa. How AWESOME is that?

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there too. Tony told me that the skycaps wouldn't take your baggage and he felt bad to just leave you and your heavy luggage there to struggle across the street into the airport. He said you must have had rocks in your baggage!! Did you take ours???

Anonymous said...

I have traveled with Jenna before and believe me she does NOT need any stinkin' skycaps. She always has the cutest guys running from all over the airport to help her out and talk to her and get her cell #. No exaggeration. This past July we went through LAX together. How many guys were following you around Jenna? I can't count past one hand.