10.17.2007

soggy leaves and gray matter

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I know it is a common complaint but I really wish I could remember things better. Growing up, my class would memorize poems constantly to recite for the friday devotionals. We did a play a year and I loved the day after lots of practice when I could go thru my lines with out the script. I liked it when our teachers pushed us into memorizing the books in the bible and undecipherable things in French.... so now, when I can barely remember something I read in a book earlier today I wonder if I could memorize something again.
photo today from the bountiful temple. drawing by the man, Tim Burton. I am so in the mood to watch his movie Nightmare Before Christmas. The music is so halloween.

3 comments:

Cara said...

I love that cloud/sheep drawing. And I love Nightmare Before Christmas, too! I have the CD and play the music every year for H-day. My husband thinks I am strange for this, but I like that movie.

Anonymous said...

Weird girls, weird girls.
Memorize something from South Africa and bring it back for your blog.

Anonymous said...

Is that a shot of the GSL? It is awesome! Let's get our pics out and make cards to donate to the Festival of Trees and you can paint some and design some others to sell like RC1 made for you!! That would be awesome!!