11.29.2007

homesick and belated wishes

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVIN DEAR!!! 8!! Can you believe it? I love you dude, hope you had a really awesome birthday. Wish I could be there for your baptism.


I sent directions to some of our installers this morning to help them get to a job in St. George. I am SOO homesick now!!! I want to be there. I need to learn how to do measures so I have excuses to travel.


"We unavoidably stand in so many unholy places and are subjected to so much that is vulgar, profane, and destructive of the Spirit of the Lord that I encourage our Saints all over the world, wherever possible, to strive to stand more often in holy places. Our most holy places are our sacred temples. Within them is a feeling of sacred comfort. We should seek to be worthy to take our families to the temple to be sealed together for eternity. We should also search for the records of our kindred dead so that they too can be sealed to us in one of the temples. We must strive for holiness by being 'an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.' In this way we can maintain and strengthen our own individual relationship with our God." -President James E. Faust

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I want to go to the temple right now!

Anonymous said...

Excellent quote from an excellent man. Wish there were more of them in the world....excellent men as well as excellent quotes. The worldly standard is so low.

Amy said...

I need to get there again real soon too!! thanks for the thought and inspiration. love you and miss you sooo much! wish i would have seen you more when you were here!!

jmr said...

I wasn't there Amy, my homesick thoughts were misleading...unless you meant you wished you could have seen me more when you were here?? I agree. yes. me too. :)

Cara said...

Which temple is that? Manhattan? We just went to get our replacement recommends signed (you the know the fancy barcode ones) and there was a mob of people there. We were all laughing and having a good time, waiting for the Stake president to sign all our cards. I thought how great it was that there was a mob of people dressed up and waiting for a signature just to keep their temple cards ready. ROCK ON!

jmr said...

have you guys heard of S Michael Wilcox? Get his cds House of the Lord. AWESOME