11.28.2007

unravel

I just deleted my first attempt at a blog tonight. It sounded like a gripe session even though it wasn't meant as one. I must be tired because I can't seem to hide the whineyness in my thoughts.
I've been watching Journeyman on nbc.com and I'm really liking it. Has anyone else seen it? The premise: time travel. And that about sums it up.

Tonight I am grateful for:

The silent mode on my phone. It has to stop sometime. Will I ever be devoted enough to work round the clock like everyone else at this company?

20' ladders in the road. And gigantic boxes of metal air ducts. Tests my puma like agility skills. (And it keeps my guardian angles in a job)

New experiences and my new work buddies. For stretching me and making me grow.

For snow. It is pretty, and makes for a good excuse to wear coats and boots and sweaters and such. But maybe it would be better off places where it is really useful. Snow globes, snow cones.... Canada? I'm just saying.....

Since when did I become such a desert sissy? Oh yeah, when I realized cold is for the penguins.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Cold keeps your blood thick! You can't make snow angels in the desert. You can't make cool snow forts and pelt innocent passers-by with snowballs in the desert. And you can't go sledding on lunch trays in the desert. So there you go!

KickButtMommy said...

I have spent this entire week worrying about how cold I will be for New Years. I am glad you are agile and puma like. Good luck trying to find the balance in your job and life. I am still working on that.

jmr said...

I thought you quit?? did I miss something? I thought about it Cara, snow isn't all bad. Just wish I could warm up at some point....

KickButtMommy said...

How did I forget to mention that I love journeyman! And yes, I did quit. I still need balance though! :)

Anonymous said...

I have never figured out why anyone would like the desert. Sorry, Sushicat. I like the snow, especially in the evening when it sparkles like diamonds. Of course, I am always on the inside near a cozy, toasty fireplace while I am looking out at the diamond snow. I know Sushicat, I'm a sissycat.