11.14.2007

more

Still living in the past here covering the SA adventures. I'd tell you about something going on here at home that has me so excited but I want to make sure I only do when it is a secure thing. I don't want to jinx it or something. So until then, I'll keep reliving my trip because as you may have already figured out, I had the time of my life!

A blurry shot of mom and me. I included it because I think it captures the feeling of the moment perfectly. It's funny how quickly I can feel at home, on the other side of the world, in an airport, all because of a hug.

A little food tour. (because I'm hungry)

Dinner at the B&B. Already mentioned this meal. Red Snapper. Fun ambiance because the power had gone out.

Mom at breakfast the next morning. (please don't be mad mom, I think it's a cute picture!) Great buffet behind her along with something warm to follow. Deviled egg, sauteed tomato and mushroom for me.





Harrie's Pancakes. My birthday dinner.








Desert at Moyo. "The Best African" restaurant in SA supposedly. We went for desert because it is insanely expensive (and the folks have eaten there already and says its not that good) We were really only going to check out the decor because I want to do business with the guy who did the design for Moyo. His business is handcrafted pillows, fabrics, handbags and woodworking. It is high quality product and is sold for big bucks in the airports and boutiques all over the world. The area president's wife took us to his house and we had the chance to buy at wholesale! I couldn't pass up the chance to ask if we could do business together. He was as excited as I am about this idea. He has been approached by Target with a billion dollar contract but he turned them down because he wants to keep a high standard of quality. He likes dealing with smaller clients to achieve this. We've been emailing so I'll let you know more on that when it's in the works too, his stuff is amazing.

Aaaauh. Here is a picture of the Best Steak Ever at the Cattle baron I already talked about. I still think about this dinner. -sigh- I think I always will.


Banana fields.







Cape of Good Hope. My favorite day of the whole trip for no other reason except I was completely content and enjoyed every minute of it.


The Ash Man. He lives on the corner by my parents apartment. He builds a fire right there in the road. It's a horrible picture so if you can't tell, he is sitting in the middle of the road on the median. His neighbor across the road built a tent out of plastic scraps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make every moment count, Sushicat. Hope that business proposition comes through for you. So are you getting reacclimated to cold weather and hot dogs?

KickButtMommy said...

I love that picture of your mom and you hugging. Made me cry. The business sounds exciting and amazing, and your comment is very intriguing. What oh what is going on?

Cara said...

I like the hug picture, too. Frame it!