11.25.2007

new calling

that's right. I went in for tithing settlement and came out with a calling. Any guesses?

I'd take a poll or something and laugh when no one got it for days and days because I doubt you'd ever guess. From what I understand, the calling was made up for me.

Official title: Social Secretary. My first thoughts: Is this something akin to being cruise director? Love Boat? Am I Julie McCoy incarnate?

I'm the girl to contact if you are having a party and want everyone to know about it. Same goes for if you are selling something, looking for roommates, a job, whatever. The Underground. Way fun. So I'm thinking of ways to keep people in the know.

Any ideas or suggestions? Of course, mass email is the first solution but what about taking it to the next level? The blogging nut in me says a blog would be a good way to keep everyone updated and an easy way to include photos of for sale items etc with out becoming a nuisance with an overwhelming amount of mass emails. Is this a silly idea? Tell me if this is lame. Any solutions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This could be the start of Jennaslist.... the place for U32 Mormon singles to find what they are truly searching for?

I want to have everything set up in time to go in next weeks bulletin so get back to me by then if you have any ideas, creative or otherwise. Thanks!
This photo I stole from frybaby illustrates the true definition of
Camelbak.
And as Michele mentioned, we took time out from cleaning up Thanksgiving dinner to check out this fine dispenser of liquor that had, up until now, escaped our attention. In my disappointment that we couldn't make it work I feel like we have somehow missed out on making many memories with this gadget in its finer days (read: when the boy actually dispensed) Who knows what kind of stories could have been told from a childhood with this kind of toy to be found in the basement.
Here I thought we knew about all the great treasures in that house. If I find out you guys knew about this and held out on me I'm going to feel left out! And as for the naked lady stemware...if vickers waves her rights... Camel, we're so on as far as custody battles go.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Naked lady stemware? How did I miss that? I must have spent too much time hiding in Grandma's preserves closet under the stairs.

I think a social website sounds like a great idea. You can post all the ads and news.

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna! That sounds like such a fun calling and one you will be perfect at. It will really keep you in the know!

Hmm, naked ladies and boys peeing liquor? You have too much fun over there!

Anonymous said...

You and Camel are just too disturbed...I shudder to think what could happen if I waived my rights and let you two have those classy glasses. Hands off. Only Doug and I have memories that go that far back in relation to those glasses.