1.27.2008

light

I really scored big on my room. Ask anyone in the house, I spend hours in here. The light is fantastic. Light has been the topic in my color theory class the last week. Color is nothing without light. The more light added to a color, the stronger it will become.

You can draw parallels my dear readers, I'm thinking in an abstract way about light, but really don't have the energy to put it into words.












Dixie and Jack (Jackie's parents) are leaving tomorrow for the MTC, then they are off to New Zealand to serve. The people there have no idea how lucky they are to have these two.



I've talked about Jackie and Jeff and the whole family bunches of times, I absolutely love these people and count myself lucky to have them in my life.





Jack is an artist, and a phenomenal one at that. His style reminds me of Picasso a little bit. When I would stay at Jackie's on the weekends growing up, we weren't allowed in his studio. But on the off chance that we had any excuse to be in there I would soak in the smells of his paints an study his paintings in progress. I would love to have one of his pieces someday, if I can ever afford one! I have never gotten tired of looking at them, it's like they are lit from within. There it is again, light is in everything, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, couldn't you get a shot of some of Jack's paintings for your blog exposure? Always enjoy seeing other people's talents expressed. BTW, which room in the house do you inhabit? I thought you were in the basement.

jmr said...

My room is the office just off the front door, or maybe it was a dining room? I don't know, but now it is my blue oasis.
I did try to get pics of Jack's work. I will next time I'm over there, the house was packed with people so my pictures all have bodies in them. not cool.

KickButtMommy said...

Your room looks fab. I love sunlight too. That is why Miles has not yet convinced me to put blinds up on my high windows.