2.09.2008

feed the birds

Do you guys know me well enough to know that it was a completely normal event in the life of Lofey to find myself Friday night in the ambulance bay at the VA Hospital taking pictures of pigeons?
Well, if this does come as a surprise, you must not know me as well as you thought.

When one of our installers - I'll call him Alex - (because that's his name) isn't out traveling for us, he is some kind of animal control guy. He traps or relocates skunks and other "pesky" (his word, not mine) animals when they take up residence where they are unwanted.

Such is the fate of these dirty birds. They are messing up the ambulances so he's been called in to do his thing.

That is where I came in. I took some measurements for him so he could order spikes for the ibeams. Shot a couple pics to go along with them just in case, and I was on my merry way $20 richer.

It brought back memories of the golf course when I was the resident relocater of unwanted creatures. I've caught bats, horny toads, lizards big and small, spiders, and even a few mice in my day. I'd get a call over the radio 'the restaurant wants you to come inside, there's something in there making people scream.' Those were the days...

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

How can you handle the creepy crawlys. We saw birds inside Lowes. Guess you better get over here!

Brookeh said...

You crack me up. Didn't it make you sad that the birds wouldn't be there any more?

Anonymous said...

"Who do we call? Ghostbusters!"
Or Grossbusters, whichever works.