2.14.2008

my friend cupid

Has it already been a year of blogging for me? I went back to the beginning to steal this image from last years post and couldn't believe how quickly this year has flown by. What should we do to celebrate a year+ of blogging? I don't know either..If you remember from last year I have a thing for Valentines Day. I can't help it. I don't know where it comes from and it'd be like trying to hate meg ryan movies or stop eating candy to kill my love for the day.

{craving sugar cookies with pink frosting and red sprinkles} Saturday Bry {formally known as RC1} and I were getting ready to leave his place and I was sniffing at his pretty roses {yeah, this guy has flowers at his house, cool right?} He had a brilliant idea to share them with me since he'd be in sunny california for a few days and wouldn't be able to enjoy them. YEA!

I know this might sound rediculous, and I don't know if he believed me when I told him this either, but sharing flowers with me is almost better than getting them on purpose. Why? Just because.
AND, you might think it was pure madness and I probably committed all kinds of violations in the world of flowers by cutting down long stem roses to fit in my little glass vase, but I did it and love it anyway.

First thing I see in the morning, last thing I see at night. {thank you bry} I had no idea I was such a sucker for flowers.
PS anyone else having a problem with spell check? It's been a week since I've been able to use it, and you are probably all suffering. apologies.

8 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

Spell Check?! Aren't you a college girl? What do you need Spell Check for?

The shorter roses are more intimate and girlie. We all love them that way and gobs of them, too. Besides, they'll stay nicer longer because of the cutting. Happy St. Valentine's Day.

Sarah said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jenna! Hope you have a fabulous day! We need to chat...how are your school supplies holding up?

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Valentine's Day Jenna Marie! I love your card. You are so cute, and I am glad Bry shared his roses with you. I LOVE flowers. When I am rich my house will be full of fresh flowers.....

Cara said...

I cut my roses down, too. I just think they are more comfortable that way - less haughty. Happy V-day!

FRYBABY said...

Happy One-Year-Blogging Birthday! Glad you picked it up and continue to entertain us with your words of wisdom! Plus it is nice to keep up with your life since we hardly ever see you!! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

And just so all you know, I did get her some fresh flowers just for valentines day!

KickButtMommy said...

Good job Bry!

Anonymous said...

Whoa....now RC1 is reporting into Sushicat's friends! Your blogging world just keeps growing.