2.21.2008

the name game {yeeeah}

midterms are behind me at last. Last night rocked and the one this morning was a blast. The questions would go something like this:

Leron Gytiss moved to the avenues recently, he loves the color violet, hates his 12' ceilings, the room faces west. He has beautiful antique furniture and hardwood floors. He is 32, single and loves to entertain. What color scheme would you create for him? How would you approach his concerns about the ceilings, how would you make the furniture work with his more modern sense of style and name the color scheme and sell it to him.

Naming color schemes is totally fun. It can be anything you want it to be. It just has to sell your client on your ideas. It gives the room a mood and helps them understand the room you are visualizing and creating for them. Soho Loft, Cabin Fever, Retro Funk...

Want to give it a try? These are mood pictures I've found to use on a project for that class. And I'm completely stumped. Zen is overused but I'm looking for something like that. Something along the lines of calming, oasis, inviting. Online thesaurus isn't helping much.

Wish me luck. It's high noon and time for my performance review at work {and hopefully a raise.} They've put me off for a month, should I ask for back pay on that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's 32, single, loves purple and beautiful antique furniture? Color scheme = rainbow. :)

KickButtMommy said...

I am agreeing with Brev . That was my first thought as well.

jmr said...

lol! my thoughts exactly as I took the test and giggled to myself. leave it to you brev to resurface and crack me up, how goes married/so.cal. life? You cali folk make me green w/envy.

Anonymous said...

Harsh! Just give him retro funk....same thing as rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Cali life is SO good. Traffic gets old, though! Congrats on all the design stuff, perhaps someday my room in Bountiful will be worth millions.