2.24.2008

lost and found



a rainy sunday has me convinced spring is just around the corner. I'm not saying it's not going to get worse before it gets better, but I can almost say I've survived the impossible with all ten fingers and toes.

Each time I had the urge to move North, winter stood as a glaringly obvious nemesis. The one dark, wet, nasty thing I could not convince myself was bearable. But I'm noticing small hopeful clues that it is almost over. Those flowers {possibly daffodils?} that are the first souls daring enough to attempt to broach the subject of a new season. I saw some on saturday and wanted to hug them. Thank you daffodils.

Camel and I went to a fireside tonight. I felt like taking studious notes. The subject? The differences between men and women. A vast subject I'm sure. I won't get into it, but consider myself enlightened.

Things I loved about this week:
  • raises {oh yeah baby!}
  • almonds, peanuts and raisins
  • missing jewelry found. The second ring I'd lost in two weeks. This one meant more to me {thailand/ben/kwona} It made me sick when I realized it was gone.
  • excel - remember the horrible way that class began? not so bad after all.
  • Jacob {no. not the werewolf, Nephi's little bro, he's a stud}
  • sushi and chillin with bry
  • Grandma. I've been making a habit of going to grandma's house after my wednesday night class. She is fun to chat with, she feeds me and this week I noticed this little gem in her DI box. But why? Because no one will wear it she says. Wanna bet Grandma?






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the raise and congratulations on claiming Jacob as one of your friends. My fav in Jacob is chap 5. The whole mission in a nutshell.

We have courageous little green sprouts poking up in our gardens here, also. Funny how exciting that can be.

Cara said...

Crocuses and daffodils are the first.

Jacob 5 is not a nutshell - it's an ALLEGORY (meaning long). Plus it's about olives, not nuts.

Jenna, I want to know where you get all these scenic photos. Are they ones that you take yourself?

Sioux said...

[What I loved this week]...I need to start incorporating that kind of positive reinforcement into my thoughts! I'm with you; the rain is definitely a sign that Spring is on its way. Have a GREAT week!

KickButtMommy said...

JENNA! A raise, you go girl! A cute hat and scarf. Good find. I love your blog! It always uplifts me.

Amy said...

how on earth do you find the time to post all these wonderful, uplifting posts, you busy women. Sounds like life is fun and exciting. wish you were closer, the weather is great here. . id love ya to move back!