3.08.2008

how do you feel...

... when you look at these lines? If you had to have just one emotion, what would it be? No right or wrong answer so play along with me ok? Thanx. This is for my fundamentals class, the project was to illustrate an emotion using lines. Let's see if I succeeded.

what else is new? Well, I surprised myself this week when I took my IT test on the Excel module and aced it. I honestly didn't think I would do well. Functions/formulas dealing with math are not my forte. Math? I'm an artist, I don't need math. I've despised it for years and did everything within my power to have very little contact with it so now I'm paying the consequences for my aversion to the dreaded subject. It was a fantastic feeling when I completed the test and printed out the certificate with a nice 100% at the top. I had to double check the name to make sure it was mine!

After the test my friend in the class Sierra and I walked together to the underground parking lot. A girl was attacked on the elevator last week so we're feeling a little security conscious. I told her about some couches I had seen on the side of the road near the school with a sign advertising them as 'free to good home'. I thought of her when I saw them because she doesn't have any furniture in her place. She moved her from Ohio and has had some pretty bad luck. Her car got broken in to, they stole her backpack so she had to replace all her books {woah} and then her car broke down. Twice. Sheesh. I told her she need to bake cookies for the fates.

We decided to go check out the couches {Gross, I know, but you never know} They were indeed disgusting but there was an awesome coffee table to get excited about. {ok, lets be honest, it was ugly but it has so much potential!} We tried wedging it into her car, it wasn't even close to fitting. She was ready to give up but I wasn't, we went and got my car and shoved it in my trunk all the while keeping an eye on the suspicious looking people across the street hanging around for no apparent reason except to make us work faster I suppose and make me glad for my mace. {paranoia} We used my gym clothes to wrap the legs so my car wouldn't get scratched, took the laces out of her shoes to tie my trunk in place, and off we went to Sugarhouse to drop off her first piece of furniture.

I need a decorating job almost desperately. I have to find my creative outlets in other peoples garbage.

Good weekend to you all!

7 comments:

Brookeh said...

To be honest the picture made me feel stressed. That's the first word that came to me. I immediately tensed up when I saw it. Don't know if that was what you were looking for, but there you go!

KickButtMommy said...

It maks me feel flustered.

Glad you could help your girl out! Everyone needs someone like you around.

I've got lots of decorating jobs for you to do, but no money to spend on them. DRAT!

Anonymous said...

I felt like dancing, swinging to the music as the lines swirled around the straights. Congrats on the math smarts you have unearthed. Maturity makes a big difference in achievement and you sound like you have arrived. I love you.

Cara said...

I thought the lines were serene, flowing, and calm. It was like a piece of music set free from its mathematical confines.

Anonymous said...

It reminded me I needed to floss

jmr said...

thank you all! stressed wasn't quite what I was going for (sorry to make you feel some stress Brookeh!) I was going for playfull so for the most part I think you guys agree. flossing...hmmm. funny!

FRYBABY said...

Flossing can be quite playful (if you are flossing someone else's teeth!) I think you accomplished your objective!