3.04.2008

its supposed to do that

Color theory boards due today. The top one is a related color scheme. The one below is a complimentary scheme. Does this mean anything to you? No worries if it doesn't, it doesn't matter in the real world, it's just good that as designers we understand how colors work together.

I put my boards up with every one else at the beginning of class and my top little brown square popped off the board with the zebra print. {note to self: tacky glue doesn't work in every situation} I laughed it off and made it work for me later when I had to present when I told them it was interactive and I meant for it to pop off. My professor is so amazing and funny he liked how I rolled with it. I'm glad it was his class, and not either of my other design courses because I'm sure I would have gotten major points docked for something like that. C'est la vie.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to admit that, to me, both boards look like the same colors. Is it just me or do others see that it is pumpkin, brown, beige, ochre and black?
Explain, please, O Great One.

KickButtMommy said...

I like the bottom ones!

Cara said...

The top is mauve and navy, the bottom is brick red and olive green - I think.

I love the interactive bit - very good improv!

jmr said...

mini color theory for vickers:

the top one has colors that are all from the same warm color family. (analogous color scheme, related to each other)

the bottom is comprised of four colors equally distanced from each other on the color wheel. (tetrad color scheme and complimentary, much like red/green are compliments)

I need to break away from my safe colors. Next room I'm putting together lime green and grey...oh goodness. the horror.

FRYBABY said...

So is that the plan for my living room? Do you think my maroon couches will be on the opposite side of the color wheel?

Sarah said...

Hi BB
Craig was reading your blog today and he came home and told me he wants both of your color boards to hang on our wall :) you two have very similar color tastes...which will be fabulous when you decorate our house! I miss you!