3.13.2008

king of drapes

This board has borders, just not in the poor photo. It looks lopsided without the black border balancing everything so pretend with me it has a border ok?

When we critiqued our work on tuesday everyone that went before me had gone the soft, lush route when given the assignment to design a master bedroom for our 40 year old clients with 6 children and a desire to have a retreat of their own.

I didn't. I went with sleek and sassy with my turquoise leather ottoman and exposed brick walls and warmer tones for the duvet. I was expecting a bad critique berating me for missing the point of a 'retreat' since he was complementing the softness and comfy feel everyone else had done. Big surprise to me when he said he loved it! 'By far the sexiest board' and 'the most sophisticated color scheme with a daring blend of colors and textures.' He also liked my idea to drape my inspirational nut things over the board because I had said that Mrs. Smith had asked me to use them in the color scheme since Mr. Smith had brought them back from Hawaii for her. I work so much better when I'm under pressure. I sold that board big time because I didn't want him to hate it.

yeah baby. It made my day.

Speaking of days, it's a rainy one here. It is so gorgeous! {smells like spring in a cold, wet way even!}




Nate and his wife just got back from a week long vacation in Mexico. I thought it was going to be the longest work week ever with a lot of fires to put out and possible break downs on my part under the pressure to figure things out on my own but it was actually just fine. I am happy to have him back in his corner of our backyard office holding his baton. Chris handed it to him in a ceremony I missed wednesday morning to officially welcome him back to his drapery installation kingdom.

When I took this job I thought it was going to be mind numbingly dull. Not in the slightest. It has been a lot of fun. {If you think Nate looks a little green, he is, he might have brought some kind of parasite back from south of the border. Not cool.}

7 comments:

FRYBABY said...

Awesome board! I guess the brick at the bottom worked...and I think it is great to stand alone on a pinnacle!! Way to go! Be daring, it is WAY more exciting.........

KickButtMommy said...

You totally rocked it Jenna! Way to go.

GrandmaNutt said...

I read somewhere that Kickbutt wants you to redesign a restaurant named RATTLERS.....think how crazy, cool you could be with that assignment!!!

KickButtMommy said...

No, no, Rattlers is already redone. It just made us think you would be great at doing a restaurant. But I don't have one in mind. Sorry.

Brookeh said...

Way to go! I loved your board, it is gorgeous!

What The Hill? said...

Hey stranger! It's been a while. Funny but I've been wondering about your brother the last little while, the world situation being what it is. Anyways, if you get a chance, drop me a line. It would be good to catch up. pcolinhill@gmail.com

The Yetis said...

Have you checked your blog lately? It has been 6 days since you have put anything on it........I am doing better than you!! It is your turn! :) I've done Ashton's and mine......WOW, how great am I? (sarcasm)
frybaby