3.25.2008

single action

I've been meaning to write this blog since the weekend, but how do I describe the kind of cool I was subjected to bright and early saturday morning? I also hesitate to devote an entire post to the coolness of Bry, but he won't let it get to him so I will. ;) {sidenote: this picture was taken secretly while I was away from the table}

I knew Bry was a cowboy. I thought I got this about him. He grew up in West Point, he likes guns, et al. But I didn't quite grasp the concept until he told me about SASS. A club he hangs out with full of guys duded out in authentic clothes, shooting guns.


There is a lot more involved in this {story lines, competitions, etc} but I don't want to work myself up into a lather like I did yesterday when I told the guys about my weekend and how much I liked hanging out with a bunch of cowboys. They laughed and laughed at how enthusiastic I was as I reenacted my favorite parts, mostly the part where Bry shot up all his targets in under 30 seconds, with four different guns. Wow.

Kid Slade {aka Bry} shooting up his bad guys and snakes {bits of hose}

That's Jackalope Roper and me. He and all the other guys made me feel welcome and wanted to know why I wasn't shooting. Maybe next time. I do have my alias {Little Bird} and I think that is the first step to becoming a true cowboy don't you?






8 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

"Little Bird"? Somehow doesn't quite have the right tone. How about "Slap-a-long Sally", or "Ring-a-ding Rita"? I am assuming that West Point is a town in Utah and not the one on the Hudson River. Other than nit-piking those two little items....Yee Haw! Sounds like a rip-snortin', dogey-ropin', dust-swallowin' good, ole time!!!!

Anonymous said...

What?! No! 'Little Bird' is perfect. It's not the "Hee-Haw" show with yippy-skippy names you'd have in a skit.

This is more like "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Besides, the name 'Little Bird' sounds very Indian, like "Red Feather" or something.

:-)

Cara said...

If I were to give Jenna an Indian name it would have to be Hikes Alone, or Keeps Bugs As Pets. Little Bird sounds much nicer. Although you are quite tall...so maybe it should be Stands Like Flamingo or something. Anyway, I'm loving the poncho. Here in the East we wear tri-cornered hats.

KickButtMommy said...

Love it Jenna Marie. You make a fabulous cowgirl. Little Bird suits you just fine.

Amy said...

Ya, I agree, and I love you in a hat. That is one thing I have never seen before :) your a doll!

jmr said...

You crack me up Cara, you know me so well!

KickButtMommy said...

Gorgeous profile photo!

Brookeh said...

Jenna, I just realized that Mike belongs to this group on facebook. He has a really neat sculpture of a gun shooter. You and your friend should check it out. By the way tell him that I love the picture he took of you. Beautiful! Course it's probably easy when he's got such a great subject to work with. :) But I saw a picture he took of Becca Bierwolf and some others and I think that his photography is amazing. I love it.