5.16.2008

sweatin sweeties

I went out for a run yesterday and I was a few blocks away from the house when I decided I should go to enrichment night even though I had five minutes to get back to the house and down to the church.

I'm glad I went because Alison was there and she wouldn't have gone if it was just her. We met up with Kristi at the trail head of Ensign Peak and went for a nice {but too short} hike. I wanted to keep going up the mountain of course! I'll go back for sure, it was beautiful up there.

Our ward decided to divide our enrichment nights into different categories. I don't know how well it is working since the first one I've gone to was last night and only 3 of us showed up. But I think it is a fun idea. Sweatin' sweeties, domestic divas, dangerous minds and ? something else but I don't remember. You can guess what we do in each group I'm sure.




















Does it surprise you that I made a furry friend on our hike? Me either. His name is Hudson and he decided we were best friends after I let him have most of my water. We decided to hike a ways up the mountain and Hudson tagged along, all the way back to our cars where he made friends with a gorgeous type of dog I've never seen before {a ridge back something, awesome!} I called Hudson's family and left a message and he went home with his new dog friend and his owner with the idea that if no one claimed him he would have two dogs. Why not? What's one more?

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, you are a true friend to the furry creatures. Luigi is just dying to meet you.

Anonymous said...

You need to come hike the Shenandoah. Don't know if you ever got the chance to do so when you attended SVU but it is a seriously beautiful place.

Cara said...

I think I would be in the couch potato enrichment group.