5.24.2008

what I loved about this week

I loved all the color everywhere. My hand hovers over my handbag in a addicted kind of way. I don't know why I love taking pictures of flowers so much. It seems overly girly.

I'm making up for it though by reading sci-fi, an old favorite "Ender's Game". I'm remembering why I've said for years that it is in my top five favorite books of all time. Weird because I don't really know what it is that I like so much about it, maybe it's more nostalgia now because reading it the first time was when I found my love for reading.

Once again the staple on my love list: the weather. After two weekends in a row in super hot St. George I'm rethinking my die hard desert rat ways. Maybe I'm not as tough as I used to be? Has my once thin blood thickened? I'm loving the in no hurry way summer is coming around here. Rainy spring days are beautiful. I'll take them any day over snow.

Missionaries. Two stopped me on my run today to read me a scripture. It made my day. Then my two missionaries. In the middle of all the craziness going on in Jo'burg they are doing their part to bring relief with the same optimism and faith that makes them two of the most selfless, loving people I have been lucky enough to know {and their my parents!} how cool. I'm SO proud.

Decorating!! YES! After months and months of projectlessness I spent glorious time this week day dreaming, shopping, painting and loving that decorating is one thing in life that comes easy to me. Everything else feels difficult right now but decorating is like breathing. I love it. Go here to see what I've been up to.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are a busy girl, always!

GrandmaNutt said...

I have a powder room in which you can go bonkers. I'll but you whatever you need.

jmr said...

YES! My dream is to go bonkers in as many powder baths as humanly possible!