6.04.2008

change is the only constant


Amy, Michelle Paget, Michelle D, Brookeh
I just finished writing my regular random entry, posted it, then went wandering the blogs to see what was new with everyone. I was loving Amy's blog as usual until I got to the part where I read about one of our friends, Michele Paget, passing away. I don't know any specifics and it's too late to call but the news sent me down memory lane and I just wanted to send out my love for her and her family.
I owe it to her that While You Were Sleeping is now one of my four top fav chic flicks. I thought it looked lame but she forced it on me and now I've seen it hundreds of times. Ace of Base and Volvo's remind me of her. I'm not ashamed to tell you I joined the science club 8th grade year with her so we could dissect stuff and build bombs. We were in the same ward growing up and YW would not have been the same without this group of girls. For my 14th birthday I desperately wanted a Jansport backpack and they pitched in and bought one for me. Michele was so wildly entertaining and fun to be around. Girls camp, sleepovers at Amy's house and big time girl spats are what I remember best. What group of girls get along all the time? All those hormones, someone is bound to end up in tears at least once a week. We were mean to each other but I know we still loved each other. I think it is part of growing up. Our ward split when I was 14 or 15 and it was major drama in our lives at the time. The saying "Change is the only constant" lost meaning I heard it so much. But hasn't it proven to be true!?
Love you girls.

Update: Thanks Sue for this link.

5 comments:

Sioux said...

Sweet memories of old friends are what keep us young!

KickButtMommy said...

I'm sorry you lost such a great friend, Jenna.

Amy said...

thank you for putting that link on there!! I had never seen it, but that was sweet. Wish we could all go back in time and relive all the years once more, they went to fast! Thanks for all the good times, we never know when our time is up :)

Sarah said...

What a sweet post! I to remember those girl fights! I remember going over to Michelle's and playing and listening to music and her sarcastic sense of humor. Thanks for the link.

FRYBABY said...

It is always so shocking to lose someone and definitely makes you reminisce over and over the things you love about that person. She must have been a good friend.