6.20.2008

cowboys and princesses

what.a.week.

I don't even know where to begin. Or what to say once I have.

It has been so fun having Vicky here visiting. (you can see that by visiting frybaby's sight I'm sure) It's everything to me to sit around Grandma's table and play endless rummycube games and listen to Vicky and Grandma talk.

School has been not quite intense but something close to it. I don't feel overwhelmed yet but after working on my first drafting assignment with promises from my friends that it only gets more time consuming from here, I have to wonder where I will find it in me to be so precise and structured.

And on a more personal note... I usually keep things pretty light and easy here on the blog but since it has indeed been one of the more interesting weeks I felt like putting some thoughts out there.

RC1 and I have decided to go our separate ways and since he has been a constant in the sushicat blog for over a year now I thought I'd give him a friendly send off. I don't know what life has in store for any of us. Of course it is a sad thing but I have so much hope for the two of us, I know we can't go wrong by being honest with ourselves. He'll make someone incredibly happy and you know me, nothing slows me down for long.

If you told me five years ago that I was going to live in a foreign country, get married and divorced in a blink of an eye, play with lions and walk elephants, go back to school and meet someone who meant the world to me and in turn let go because I'm stubborn enough to do what's true to my heart, I know I would have laughed and said, "I can't wait! Let's do this already!" I love the need I have to feel everything to the fullest, jump in, get dirty, learn the hard way, and love every minute of it. Life would be so boring without it!

Enough about me, back to Bry. Thank you. I've so loved having you in my life. You are sincere and honest and so incredibly talented. Thank you for all the things you've taught me. For respecting me and never playing games (the mean kind anyway. Your knack for the fun games is something so great about you). For being such a fantastic, dependable friend and for always making me laugh. There are so many things that will remind me of you and that won't be a bad thing at all. I'll always love the time we spent together. No regrets at all.

OK. Here is my favorite song this week since I'm feeling all introspective and measuring the distances I've traveled {I don't know how to write out a song, probably like a poem?}

You can get a freedownload from Starbucks if you are curious.

Dream - Pricilla Ahn

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of the little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees
and a laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream that I could fly from the highest swing...

long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park
I asked God who I'm supposed to be
the stars smiled down to me
God answered in silent reverie.

I had a dream that I could fly from the highest tree, I had a dream.

Now that I'm old and feeling gray
I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave
I've lived it full, I've lived it well,
there are many tales I lived to tell I'm ready now to fly from the highest tree.

I had a dream.

9 comments:

FRYBABY said...

You are a very strong, talented and beautiful woman! That special guy is out there and you will be thankful for the experiences you had that will help you to know him when he comes across your path........

Sioux said...

I feel very sad about this, and I didn't even know the guy; but I know how happy you were when you were with him and whenever you spoke about him. It sometimes takes kissing many frogs, before we find our Prince! You deserve the best...

KickButtMommy said...

I love you Jenna Marie and I am proud of the mature and hard choices you make and make well. I know there are only good things in store for you. If school and life get too much you know you always have a spot on the beach with your Cali Cuz. Sounds like it is time for another adventure!

Sarah said...

Wow! What to say..I'm also so proud of you. I'm so happy you are listening to the feelings in your heart and not your head! I love you!

Kent and Shan said...

Jenz I just think you're amazing!! Hang in there girl, I love ya!

Cara said...

Jenna is pretty much awesome. SHe makes good decisions, and posts great interesting pictures, all at the same time!

Jenna you are doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

Come on over, Jenna, and Grandma and I will beat the heck out of you playing Rummykub....then we will all eat a FatBoy. IN the meantime, I love you forever.

jmr said...

love you all! Best family n friends ever!! vickers, tell Grandma to get the 'smack talk' warmed up, she's going to need it tonight!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry. Thanks, Jenna. You've meant the world to me too. You're one of my closest and dearest friends and will always be close to my heart.

And ps, you never told me you were kissing frogs. :-)