6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day

I LOVE {LOVE} LOVE my dad.

He is a fantastic man. I can't even begin to say enough good about him because as you all know he is good to the core.

When I think of the kind of man I want to marry some day I think of my dad. He honors my mom and the priesthood and loves his family and has the best attitude.








He's a classy guy too. He opens the door for my mom {getting in AND out of the car},dances like a pro, and has a way of putting people at ease. It used to embarrass me no end that he would talk to strangers and joke with them. Now I see that it is a true talent to be able to strike up a conversation with people and get the kind of reaction he does.

I love the things that make him unique. The 3 x 5 cards in his pocket come in super handy and I can count on him for fingernail clippers no matter where we are because he always has them on him. I was slightly disappointed one day when I asked Ben to borrow his clippers and he laughed at me for thinking he would carry them too! Why not? It's something we should all learn to do from my dad I think.

And his love for the peanut butter. No one loves peanut butter like my dad loves it. If only I had a picture of their stock pile in Jo'burg! When I saw the peanut butter cupboard I wondered if there was any pb left in the country not in his possession. If there was ever a shortage of the stuff I know where to go to get a spoonful.

I loved watching Star Trek with him on school nights, usually while my mom was getting ready for work, and sitting on the porch eating ice cream. I have lots of favorite memories of him on family vacations and working in the yard.

The funnest thing for me lately is realizing that he has had an influence on me and knowing that is a really good thing. I love loving the same things he does and having things in common with such a super cool guy.

Thanks for being the very best dad a girl could ever ask for daddio. Love you eternally. "remember your prayers."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have the best dad, Jenna Marie. You are a very fortunate girl in this world. But he is a lucky man to have you as his daughter. Just two more months!

jmr said...

wow you are quick Vickers, I was just proofing this and you've already been here and left a comment! I'm impressed!

KickButtMommy said...

He is a great man, that dad o yours! happy Father's Day Uncle Terry!

Jackie Sanders said...

Is that the cutest thing ever? Ahh! That really was so sweet. Your dad is a great man. You mentioned all the things he always had...one was gum at church. My dad NEVER dreamt of having gum...and I should be so lucky!
Lucky you! What a truly great guy!

jmr said...

thats right jax, that was something I was going to mention. tic tacs and gum. and candy in the other pocket. lucky me.

Cara said...

I like Uncle Terry's awesome jokes.