7.20.2008

da da da

The Police came to SLC on tour last night and you can bet I had tickets months ago when they went on sell. If my big brother Ben taught me one thing {he taught me way more than one thing} it was an appreciation for good music. I love The Police! We got there as the doors were opening with high hopes for some kind of food being served because we were starving! It was super hot as we searched for the perfect food. For two girls who can't decide on such an important decision, this was a hard thing for us. Burritos? Hot Dogs? Pizza? Popcorn? Everything sounded really good. So we got a little bit of everything then somehow made it back to our blanket on the lawn without dumping it all over ourselves.
The drinks were our salvation since the guys at the gates made us throw away our waters. I've never been so excited for a soda in my life.
Elvis Costello started the night out strong so by the time The Police came on we were ready to rock out and dance!
Is it strange that I've had a tiny crush on this guy since I saw him in concert 9 years ago? Oh yeah baby! For an old rock star, I'd say he's something else in those tight little shirts he seems to enjoy wearing so much.
If you can't tell by this photo, we were wired. We laughed and danced and enjoyed the most beautiful perfect summer weather for an outdoor concert. If you want even more photos, and believe me she got the crazy ones, go check out Jackie's blog. {too lazy to link, she's the Sanders blog to your right}

4 comments:

Jackie Sanders said...

do do do and da da da is all I want to say to you!!!!

KickButtMommy said...

Seriously awesome. I would love to see the Police. I remember going to that same locale to watch Howard Jones on a summery night. It was so great.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I have a Karaoke Machine so I expect so good Police songs when you get here. Keep practicing.

Sioux said...

How does Jan and Dean stack up to Sting?! Seriously, I am so envious!