7.31.2008

tuesday travel log

what would you do if a tanker tipped over, blocking your only way home, leaving you stranded {ok, not stranded, but would you willingly subject yourself to standstill traffic?} Really. If you had hours to burn, could you entertain yourself with whatever you had in your bag or car? Without spending money?
Tuesday was probably the best day of my summer thus far.
5:45 am - Woke up, got dressed in my favorite power pencil skirt, went to classes
11:00 am - went to interview with design firm {hence the killer skirt} The interview lasted almost two hours {yes, you read that right, TWO hours}
1 pm - facial that lasted almost as long giving me an hour and a half to jet home and eat, change clothes {to pick apricots after class with Jax} and get back to class.
But as you may have guessed from my pretty obvious question above, traffic was at a stand still at 3:30 pm due to a tipped over tanker.. Never a good sign. I veered off the interstate and went back to school and hung out until class. From my five story vantage point I watched the parking lot, aka I15, and by 7 pm when class was over it was still a mess. Now what? My brain was cooked from class so not a chance on hanging around doing more homework.
It didn't take long to decide Liberty park was my best option to while away some inexpensive time. I really could have done damage doing the killing time 'just browsing' kind of shopping that seems so harmless, but I know my limits!
Lucky for me I keep my rollerblades in my trunk. I spent 3 hours at the park goofing off, every now and again checking in with the radio to see how my chances were looking for getting home.
10:30 pm - finally made my way home avoiding the interstate.

Best part of the day really came the next day when I got the call letting me know that I am the newest assistant to Aubrey Conner, Interior Designer!

Sweeeeet! I'm still in shock. Probably the most excited I've ever been about a job. Ever. This beats everything I've EVER thought was the 'right thing for me'.

I could rave all about how much I'm looking forward to this position, and believe me, I will soon. The opportunity to work for Mr. Conner is extraordinary!! He has been business for twenty years, featured in magazines for his restoration work in the avenues, etc. etc... He is talented, super detail oriented, knows the ins and outs of the business, expects a lot of me, and we already get along really well. I'm going to learn so much from him!

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

JENNA MARIE! That is the most fabulous news I have heard ALL DAY! WAY TO GO! You will be amazing there and such an assett to them! YAY!My friend was stuck in that accident too! You're wonderful and you deserve this job!

What The Hill? said...

Congrats Jens. I'm extremely jealous. Someday I'll have a cool job like you.

Anonymous said...

Incredible. Mr Connor is so lucky to get you we should all send him a hearty Congratulations! That is the best business decision he has made in 20 years.

Sioux said...

CONGRATS to you Jenna, on landing the position with Aubrey Conner, Interior Designer What a great opportunity for you and I'm sure you will prove your worth to them!

FRYBABY said...

And my house is room by room proving your capabilities!! I love that I am the aunt who lives in the right vicinity to reap the benefits from having you around!!

Cara said...

You go Jenna. I am assuming you weren't rollerblading in that killer pencil skirt

Jen said...

Jenna! Yea! You got it! Congrats! I am really happy for you. Were you wearing the skirt we got in Vegas? I told you it was a killer skirt and worth the money!---Now you just need to come down to Texas and decorate my house!

Jackie Sanders said...

Ah yes, and the adventures with Mr. Connor begin!!!
Power to the pencil skirt!!!
Can NOT wait to shop shop shop!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna, I'm so happy for you. I echo the words all. Don't forget us little people!! Love ya Jen, Ben

Sarah said...

Yeah Jennafriend! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

rickandlaurie said...

Jenna...I am so happy for you! Finally you have a job where you can put all of your talent to use.He really has no idea how lucky he is to have found you. I cant wait to hear more about it. Love ya!!