8.05.2008

loving list

Haven't done a {loving list} lately. There is much to be loved.

10 days until the folks are home!

much less than that and I'll be done with another semester!

snails on the front porch. Really, I'm a snail lover. An advocate actually. So what if they eat your garden? They leave pretty trails on the cement and are just so dang funny. {ask Vickers, I do a mean impression of a snail}

My sunglasses. They went flying off my head on the swings at Lagoon over the weekend and by the time the ride was over I was resigned to the fact that they were going to be next to impossible to find. But I hopped off hopeful and there they were, right next to the railroad track. I have been loving them extra just for being here.

Oh yes, my new job. OF COURSE! It feels so good to be in my element again. I've been doing all kinds of things and already feeling a big difference in how good it is to go to a job where I have potential. It might be something like osmosis? Just soaking in good designerly stuff just by being in the presence of greatness.

I guess I should include that I'm loving my other job. Yes, two jobs for now. Pier 1. Just for the heck of it until Fall Semester starts. Discount anyone?

Here is a crazy thing to love about today. Three years ago today I got married. It didn't throw me for a loop like it did last year. I don't know when it happened but I only have good feelings toward Weston now. So when I realized what day it was, {only a couple hours ago, almost made it the whole day without noticing!} I felt something close to gratitude for the experiences we had together. This is definitely something I'm loving. It shows progress.

rice cakes. There is something so satisfying about the way they crunch. Not to worry that I'm eating them to be healthy. I add a nice layer of peanut butter to them just to make it extra awesome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nine days from today! Sure we want a discount on some home decor items to fill in the empty spaces on our plant shelves. See you soon.
Mom and Dad

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna Marie, you are so positive! I love it. I love that you love your new job and that you also get a discount at pier one. I love that you are okay with the Weston ordeal now, and I love that you found your sunglasses.

Cara said...

I love your "love" lists. I might have to make one of my own. It's good karma.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can give you a huge testimonial on the snail love that Jenna has exhibited since she was 2years old and could pick them up by herself. She has totally populated her parents former home with snails, snails, snails. Gotta love it.

What The Hill? said...

Jens-

Just gotta mention that I LOVE the pic of the swings at Lagoon. The blue of the sky contrasted with the orange of the machine, plus the extreme brightness of lights = wonderful.

Sarah said...

Hi friend! Has it really been 3 years already? Have I told you lately how proud I am of you and who are continue to become! Need any new school supplies? :)

Jackie Sanders said...

Man, this post already needs an up date...Pier One, yeah! I'd love to take the discount.
Oh, do you work there?
Um, well it depends on the day I ask, right? Go jenna!