10.22.2008

part 1: waterfront + pikes place


Going to Seattle every summer growing up was so great. I can't go there with out having a flood of memories. Especially this trip because it was strange being there without Grandpa and so many of my favorite Seattle memories have him in them.
We have our traditional spots to hit.
Ivars on the waterfront in Seattle is one of the oldest traditions in the history of me.
Grandpa used to take us there for fish and chips. Fish for us, chips for the gigantic seagulls.

Here's Ben! Standing outside the cafe where Tom Hanks has the conversation about getting 'back out there' and wonders if it is still the same.

"Are we grading on the curve?"

Growing up Pike's Place was all about finding the coolest treasure to take home as a souvenir. I liked the things the artists were selling, they seemed so sophisticated and cool. I'm not as interested in what the vendors have to offer anymore. I was happy just being the annoying little sister taking pictures of everything and goofing off. The whole busy place is an overload of fantastic colors and people and smells. Not to sound too hippie but the energy is amazing!
I can safely say Pike's Place is one of my favorite places on the planet.

6 comments:

MetalPoki said...

so much fun =D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, artist pictures but my favorites are the ones with the people in them....Big Ben, Kris and daughter, mom and dad from the rear (that's the best one). Looks like a special weekend for sure.

KickButtMommy said...

Very cool pictures. I love how you capture everything.

Jackie Sanders said...

I bet you didn't even eat that "chip".
Looks WAY yummie, and I love seeing people bundled up in cute fall things.
You look beyond adorable in all the pictures!
And Aubrey, eat my shorts!

Sioux said...

This looks to be the funnest trip and poignant as well, with the memories of Grandpa. Hope you all got re-acquainted, and especially encouraged Big Ben to be more prolific with the bloggin and pix!

Sarah said...

Love the pics! Wasn't it you who used to have big glasses of milk when we lived together??? I know you had spoonfuls of peanut butter because I still do that & think of you and your lovely parents...good memories :)