11.27.2008

more gratitude give me

it would take me all day to list the things I'm grateful for today. If you are like me you can list off the usual suspects with ease {family, freedom, pumpkin pie} and then once you get going it's hard to stop.

The crazy thing is that the things I've been the most grateful for this year are things I never would have thought I'd think of as blessings.

just a few {of the things that are easier to list}

my family. It goes without saying that my brother is my hero and my parents are prime examples of love and all that is good in the world.

Michele and Tony are tip top on my list of people I am grateful for this year. I haven't said much here about how much I love and appreciate them for letting me live in their dining room. Those two are some awesome, genuine, give everything they have and more, fantastic people. {thank you frybaby}

the design program. I knew I loved design but it wasn't until I dared myself to finish school that I realized I could really put everything I had into something and feel the satisfaction that comes with learning.

along with that - finals that keep me up at night. Not for cramming or lack of time, but because I'm so excited to work on them. {de stijl} google it. Our modular home is going to be out of this world!

{the crazy mismatched thing pictured here is my test run at building models. I was playing around with the idea of a loosely drawn elevations instead of the one pictured above {CRANE restaurant bar} CRANE is done in the right way to do an elevation with everything exact and in scale... but I want to try something a little more stylized.}


I'm grateful for the way life has a way of surprising me. Every single time I think I know what is going to happen next - I'm wrong and I love it.

KC - our loaner pet. I'm definitely so happy he has come to visit. {so cool that he got in the way when I was taking pictures of polkadot puddles}


last but not least - Bearded M. He completely amazes me. I can ramble with ease because he says he feels weird reading my blog {online diary?} so I don't have to worry about being too embarrassed about gushing a little and telling you guys how lucky I am to have him in my life. I have never felt so comfortable or so excited about knowing someone. Like a new memory of a favorite past time that might have only been a dream because I've never experienced anything like it? Making sense? Of course not.

Oh. one last thing. I'm grateful for blogs. For this fun way of getting to know the people in our family {and my friends too, of course} better. I've SO loved reading about your lives and getting your feedback on my stuff. thnx blog family!

8 comments:

FRYBABY said...

I am in denial over that room being a dining room!! It makes it sound like you are living in the middle of the room where everyone eats:)! It never flowed as a dining room..........but thanks for the compliment! We love you too!

FRYBABY said...

So what were the bubbles in the puddle?

Anonymous said...

Wow FRYBABY. not only are you in caps now, but you have a new photo. Way to change it up.

AS for Sushicat, So glad that you enjoy blog comments cuz I certainly enjoy giving you my two bits in comment form. One thing I am good at is commenting on other people's business. Totally loving your life right now....every minute seems so up in the air with you.

FRYBABY said...

I have no idea where the caps came from....I didn't change it as far as I know!?

KickButtMommy said...

Jenna, you are so inspiring. If any one deserves beauty and love in life it is you!

whitey said...

sounds like life is good... did you take a picture of the dog thru bubble wrap??

jenna marie said...

nope, not bubblewrap or bubbles, it was a cool lookn drain in the road. KC wanted to see what I was up to and it just happened to turn into a cool shot. good dog.

Jackie Sanders said...

I must spend more time with this grateful friend of mine!
Thanks for your most positive example, and for remembering the simple things!