12.01.2008

mondays

I've come to love Mondays over the last few weeks. Not only do they mean one week started and closer to being done with the semester but since I've started working for LDB I've had Mondays off. That will probably change soon but until then, I like Mondays.

I discovered a fantastic new website full of grammatical wisdom today. Check it out here. I've been writing a paper for my Biz Writing class about the affects of color on us {had to pick a design related topic in order to put in any real effort} and found that I had no idea about the subtle differences of the proper uses of affect/effect. I knew I was in over my head and could use it wrong if I wasn't careful. I'm well versed now thanks to Grammar Girl. Ask me if you really want to know. I even picked up an awesome mnemonic to help out next time I'm up to my elbows in grammar related conundrums.

{I know, sometimes I blog out of habit, rather than to update you on the latest. But I guess this is the latest. Finals are making me fuzzy.}

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so much fun, you little wordsmith, you!!

whitey said...

You mean there are rules to follow ? Man I am embarrassed now about the effects/affect that I have when people try to read what I wrote .

FRYBABY said...

That is ALL you can share with us??? You think we believe that all you are up to is school and work?? Ha!! I know better:)

Jen said...

Monday, Monday....bah bah, bah bah bah bah....

Jackie Sanders said...

What? You are in your LATE 20's, and you are just now realizing that there is a difference in those words!
Um, because I'm sure I've know what the effects would be on you for a while.....
Thanks but no thanks Carden!
(Well, I might know the difference...) :)

Amy said...

well, you should be a photographer! your amazing! hope you had a great holiday, sorry i couldnt see ya, up at nicks moms most the time, quick trip! soon though....

aaron said...

wow really enjoyed your blog