2.21.2009

home sick

yuck. I called in sick today and now I'm missing my friends at work and thinking if I'm going to be laying around in my room all afternoon at the very least I could be somewhat productive and work on my studio project. Taking a picture of my markers is as close as I can get without wanting to, well, you know.
speaking of friends at work: This is Jenna and me. No, I'm not delusional in my yuckiness. I meant to say Jenna and me. We're both Jenna and we get a kick out of it. She's the cool one that can dance. And I'm the other one who looks like a praying mantis when I mimic her moves.
I work with the coolest group of girls. Yesterday I joined the elite club of 'crying over a moment' at work. I'd heard the other girls talking about this happening with the brides when they find 'the dress' but it hadn't happened to me yet.
This is how it went down: A girl came in to pick up her dress and she tried it on before she left so she could pick out a veil to go with it. She asked me to go get her fiance from the waiting area so he could help her decide and as we walked back towards her she turned around from the three way mirror and flashed him a gigantic smile. He was floored! He could not stop smiling/laughing/staring at her and she glowed under his attention. I stood back and enjoyed the moment and didn't realize I was crying until I felt a tear leave my cheek. Satisfying in the way any good chic flick. They've known each other for years, grew up together and look like twins {ask Caty -pictured below- she asked them if they were!}
and speaking of home sick. I am. Official notice folks: I'll be headed your way as soon as school gets out. time for some rollerblading, hiking, dog walking r&r. Is it April yet???

8 comments:

Amy said...

your so cute! hope you start feeling better! cant wait for April although it feels like it outside today!

Anonymous said...

There's always a place for you here. Just wondering what dog you're going to walk? Mom

Anonymous said...

You certainly have a woman's heart Jenna. You work in the best place to experience magic moments. Hope the rest of your semester goes as well as your moment in the store.

Caty said...

We Miss you, too!!! You haven't missed much today...

Love, Jenna and Caty

KickButtMommy said...

Just reading it makes me tear up.

jenna marie said...

not just one dog Mom, I'm thinking about all the doggies in Kanab. I still have my 'Volunteer Whistle', do you? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sushicat. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better really soon.

Also, I'm glad you're the kind of girl that is moved by such experiences like the one you had in the shop. That's awesome! I like being around weddings for that reason because they can be very moving sometimes.

Let me know if you need helpl while youre down.
RC1

FRYBABY said...

Wanting to what??? Does everyone besides me understand what you are referring to?